Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #1

Two foot-itis

Apparently, this disease common in sailors also affects rv-ers! We love our trailer, although the murphy bed does require a certain amount of gymnastic ability. On our last trip we happened to stop by a Rockwood dealer that had a lot of "open house" trailers to view. We drooled over the Signatue ultralite 8315bss with the front kitchen and table/chairs, but way too heavy for our new TV. Happened to be looking at the Ultralite brochure from when we bought our trailer and saw that the 2608ws was essentially the same floorplan, just a bit shorter, and only 100 pounds more than our current TT! So why, you might ask, did we not get that one in the first place Well, I was really concerned about how I would do with towing and did not want to get in over my head. Now that I have some experience, I realize it is not so scary. Would another 6 feet really be noticeable? 23.4 ft to 29.7 ft.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #2

Maybe.

We went from a 30 foot TT to a really nice 21 foot TT with a slide. We gave up a dinette & some storage space but gained lots of space to move around. Looking at the floor plan helps, but I had to spend some time in the unit to get a good idea of available space. We took a break, made our decision & went back a couple of weeks later spending more time in the trailer just to be sure.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

As far as towing, it won't be too noticeable. Maybe some additional crosswind issues, but with a good anti-sway setup, that shouldn't be a problem either. Where you will probably notice the most difference is in backing the 29 footer in. You have that extra 6 feet of trailer that you didn't have before. But like all things, practice makes perfect. Well, let me revise that for the towing world...practice makes better! Once you get a few back-ins uder your belt, it won't be any different than the 23 footer was.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #4

I went from a 13' travel trailer to 17' hybrid to a 27'travel trailer to a 35'travel trailer last yr yes I love the extra room.

https://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote