Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
why in the world did they, FR, put 2 drain outlets under any coach.. Unless their is no room for the single to join.. I have 4 tanks, 2 in the back and 2 just in front of the wheels and all exit out of 1 outlet in front of the wheels
I'm sure one way or another it all comes down to $$$$$
Old 07-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #22
ARLO

I bought a Rhino-Flex dump hose set up and a Rhino-Flex wye.connected the rear and the front dump hoses to the wye and ran another hose from the wye to the sewer dump I also purchased a Valterra dump valve (part number T58) designed to connect the front hose to the wye. This prevents the poop water from back draining into the grey water hose from the front drain. This seems to work well and I like the rigidity of the Rhino-Flex hose. Hope this helps. I originally had a garden hose but opted for the larger Rhino-Flex with adapter. It drains faster, segregates the front tank and minimizes any possibility of sewer fumes/odors back flowing thru the pipes.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #23

My biggest problem is I have one valve that I have to crawl under a slide to open the valve it only a grey tank for the kitchen so I use a garden hose with a valve on the end and a cap that has a garden hose connection. I put the hose on and leave the valve on the trailer open and closed on the end of the hose so I don't have to crawl under.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #24
Hawksclaw554

My 2014 Rockwood 8289ws has two gray water tanks. The galley tank has a hose connection. The bathroom tank drains into the black water tank when you open the valve. Bathroom grey water tank has no hose connection
Hawksclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #25
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksclaw View Post
My 2014 Rockwood 8289ws has two gray water tanks. The galley tank has a hose connection. The bathroom tank drains into the black water tank when you open the valve. Bathroom grey water tank has no hose connection
Do you not have two handles that control the valves for the main sewer connection?

On my 8289WS, the Black tank and the Bathroom Grey tank both exit through a common pipe. But there are separate valves for the Black and the Grey.

The Kitchen Grey had a separate pipe with a third valve.

I plumed the two pipes together, and now have one hose connection that handles the two Grey and the Black tank, each with separate valves.

See the post back a few for a link to the Modification.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
why in the world did they, FR, put 2 drain outlets under any coach.. Unless their is no room for the single to join.. I have 4 tanks, 2 in the back and 2 just in front of the wheels and all exit out of 1 outlet in front of the wheels
I couldn't agree more. Our 2014 Wildcat 29' TT has 2 gray water tanks and they both drain into 1 collector ( same that collects/empties the black water) and it's very easy to drain. I really would not want to deal with 2 drain tubes, when it can be as simple as sequentially pulling 3 drain valves and all liquids draining out the same discharge outlet/drain tube.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #27

One black tank and one gray come out of one line. After these are drained flush out with the galley tank
Dkjones28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank