Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Ultra Lites and Slam Latch doors

This may be a silly question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Anyone ever hear of anyone getting the slam latch doors added onto their trailer (for a fee of course) without having to buy the Emerald package?

I don't care about Corian countertops or the upgraded slide fascia. The exterior step and 'scare' light are nice but I'm sure the DH could install some himself.

I notice the Emerald package is about $1K more than the Sapphire package and the Sapphire package has the 3 items we'd probably want with the exception of the slam latch storage doors.

I'm guessing that unless you personally know someone relatively high up in FR that getting those slam latches without the Emerald package is highly unlikely. But thought I'd ask here.

2009 Wildcat 29RLBS(2008-2013)//2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS(2015-2016)//2013 Columbus 325RL (2013-? Currently parked in Florida)//...AWAITING a new Rockwood ML 2507S May 2017!
2011 Ford Super Duty Diesel King Ranch
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #2

If you are ordering from the factory I'm sure anything is possible with a special order however the cost may be high as compared to getting the package deal. Looking at my slam latches it would appear to be a labor intensive to retro fit however I may be way off base here.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #3

Tell your dealer you'll 'upgrade' to the Sapphire package if they can get the slam latches included. Many times if you pay for something a little extra, they will give you a little something extra.
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #4

We have been pricing Rockwood trailers. I called the factory rep today to get some questions answered. New just a couple of weeks ago they will no longer have the packages like Emerald or Saphire. There is a standard package "F" for all the ultra lights that includes the solid counter tops among other things and you can then add things like the 2nd air unit, table and chairs, etc. I was really happy to hear that because I like the white exterior but wanted the options that came with the "packages" Also new is they are installing automotive glass on the front bedroom window instead of the glass with the flip down cover (we are looking at the 2906ws). I don't know if the slam latch doors are standard now.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
Now Camping Year-Round!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaki5591 View Post
We have been pricing Rockwood trailers. I called the factory rep today to get some questions answered. New just a couple of weeks ago they will no longer have the packages like Emerald or Saphire. There is a standard package "F" for all the ultra lights that includes the solid counter tops among other things and you can then add things like the 2nd air unit, table and chairs, etc. I was really happy to hear that because I like the white exterior but wanted the options that came with the "packages" Also new is they are installing automotive glass on the front bedroom window instead of the glass with the flip down cover (we are looking at the 2906ws). I don't know if the slam latch doors are standard now.
Can you either post or PM me with the factory rep's contact info? I think I might like to phone/email with some questions myself. Thanks

2009 Wildcat 29RLBS(2008-2013)//2011 Rockwood Roo 21RS(2015-2016)//2013 Columbus 325RL (2013-? Currently parked in Florida)//...AWAITING a new Rockwood ML 2507S May 2017!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
Can you either post or PM me with the factory rep's contact info? I think I might like to phone/email with some questions myself. Thanks

Doug was very helpful and patient answering questions.
Doug Fought
Phone: (574) 642-5165
Fax: (574) 642-2611
Email: dfought@forestriverinc.com
Old 08-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #7
Now Camping Year-Round!!

2017 Changes to Ultra Light line

I emailed Rockwood and received a very quick reply.

Yes they are finished with the Emerald and Sapphire packages already. He said that they've moved most of those options to their standard package including as I asked the slam latch doors and magnetic holds, night shades and 'scare' lights.

I asked when the new 2017 brochure would be posted for download on the Rockwood website and was told late September at the earliest.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
I emailed Rockwood and received a very quick reply.

Yes they are finished with the Emerald and Sapphire packages already. He said that they've moved most of those options to their standard package including as I asked the slam latch doors and magnetic holds, night shades and 'scare' lights.

I asked when the new 2017 brochure would be posted for download on the Rockwood website and was told late September at the earliest.
Thanks! I forgot to ask about the those items when I called.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #9
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I installed my own slam latches......metal ones....the doors are thicker for slam latches, but one can make a shim on the backside..

Tags
door