Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

Un-winterization of Rockwood Mini Lite 1905

Hello all, first time poster here. We purchased our Rockwood Mini Lite 1905 last year and had the winterization done at the dealership.We took notes and have a pretty firm grasp on the winterization process. Now we want to complete the un-winterization process and are somewhat at a loss. Anyone have a good checklist for un-winterization for this unit? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Maurice
mauricewallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #2

DE-WINTERIZATION / REMOVAL OF ANTI-FREEZE
If purchasing a coach that is winterized with RV anti-freeze or having had an existing unit winterized before winter storage, the plumbing system must be flushed and sanitized prior to use. Do not attempt to turn on water heater if system is winterized. Perform the following prior to attempting to operate the water heater or use the plumbing system.
1. Drain all tanks (fresh water and sewage)*
2. Attach garden hose to fresh water fill and fill tank.
3. Turn on pump switch and open cold water side of all faucet/ shower fixtures. Leave open until water runs clear. Repeat for hot water side. 4. Flush toilet until clear water runs into bowl.
5. Dump tanks again.
6. Sanitize water system.
7. If a water filter is installed, drain lines, remove filter assembly, clean and reinstall with new filter. 8. When ready to use the water heater, turn by-pass valve to open position to allow water to enter hot water heater tank and fill according to instructions.
* Waste water tanks must be dumped at state approved locations.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Paul & Sheri

I sanitize by adding about 1/4 cup of clorox to the tank and run each faucet until you smell the bleach. Set over night. Then add about 1/2 box baking soda to a tank full and run each faucet and set overnight again. This gets rid of the clorine smell. Sanitizing is very important and I'll do it again at least once more mid-summer and I keep the tank full when I get home from a trip.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote