Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 12:59 AM   #1

Under Kitchen Sink Nightmare.

Not happy at all.

2016 RW 2306

When I did the PDI, we noticed that there was a black drawer bumper that "locks" the 2 drawers in place under the sink missing on the top drawer. 3 weeks later the part hadn't come in. I couldn't wait for it to get on my holidays. I was assured that there won't be a problem without it.

So I drove 500km with no issue last Sat. All paved roads.

Today I did another 150km, all paved roads then 4km of gravel. 10km before the gravel, I popped in the trlr and everything was fine.

After backing in, I went into the unit and noticed that the 2 drawers had popped out and were leaning into the pass thru area. I should have taken a pic of it, but I was so ticked off with that I forgot.

Turns out that the frame that the drawers are mounted to was barely screwed into the floor. I see that maybe 2-3mm of the tip of the drywall screw was into the laminate and not grabbing into anything. Just pulled up.

Theeeeeeeen since the framework was all busted and useless, the upper drawer dislocated the drain pipe from the sinks and when I purged the air out of the system after connecting, my floor got a nice donation of water. There was no rubber seal, grommet, sealant, compression ring connecting the sink drains into the down pipe. huh?? The NPT female tightens over the down pipe but then you can just pull it out as there is no tension on it.

I called FR Roadside assistance at 17:10 my time and now it's 22:38 doing a followup call to see if they forgot about me.

I could drive 1 hour round trip to a local dealer and get something to fix the drain, hit a hardware store to grab longer screws and drive them in (not sure what is on the floor under where the screws would go) but since I have warranty, why not use it?

Turns out that the FRRA lost my file. in a glitch. They'll be in contact with me in the morning.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #2

I've managed to repair it all.

Got some 4" screws with finishing washers and secured that drawer framing to the floor. Added some magnets to the drawers to secure them.

Picked up a pair of poly slip joint washer for the pipes and it doesn't leak. I'm surprised that piece wasn't even on the OEM assembly.

I've been told to keep all my receipts and the dealership said they will submit to FR and they will be reimburse me. Not hoping for much.

What an inconvenience.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Old 09-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #3
WFD

Sadly what you just experienced is not abnormal. Granted you have warranty, but with RV's...it's just quicker to fix it yourself. Frustrating I know, but seems to be the way it is. Quality control in the RV industry is severely lacking and if one isn't a bit handy and able to do some of your own repairs, you will be one frustrated customer. And as you experienced, most times you will be on the road when something goes wrong. It won't normally break down when it's parked in your yard.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #4

4" screws ? Hope there is nothing under the floor in that area ?
Old 09-23-2016, 12:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
4" screws ? Hope there is nothing under the floor in that area ?
Oh there was. The F/W tank, which I will probably never use. Not sure if I punctured it. Don't really care. At least now the drawer framework has some grip into it.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]

Tags
sink