Old 09-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #11

I feel for you BigRed. That's inexcusable.
I truely hope they get their act together soon and take care of you properly.

Good luck.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #12

Keep us posted. What could have been a great story about FR now seems to be giant screwup. Obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
Its really very sad. All that was needed was just a little more time and effort.

Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #13

Big red: I am sorry you ended up with all these problems after the repairs at the factory. Our trailer went through a lot of repairs including a new rear wall and the trailer was separated from the frame for a new membrane etc and much more replacemants and you could not noticed any work mess up. In fact the only issue that I was not happy is that the trailer was brought to canada in february and the roads were full of salt causing a lots of mess on the outside from the spray of salt. The dealer cleaned it but I had to repaint the frame under because the paint did not like the salted road. It is not a good idea to carry a trailer in the salt but I gess they had no choice.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #14

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Ok........I received a call from Doug Fought -- Rockwood/Flagstaff Warranty Manager. He called to talk to me personally after 3-emails explaining and sending picture's showing what I felt were inexcusable mistakes in the repair of our 2011 Windjammer 3065 (see above).
Doug felt it important to call me and talk. He noted that the Forest River repair facility usually takes pride in there repairs. He said what happened WAS inexcusable especially for a repair on something that was a design problem. He was just going to leave it at that because nothing would or could explain what happened. My e-mails and pictures were forwarded to the Plant Managers Office at the Rockwood/Flagstaff factory and repair facility. They were calling an employee meeting to explain that this will not happen again! (Someone is getting their ears rung!). They are currently in the works to hopefully, I say Hopefully bring my camper BACK to the factory for a second try. I say hopefully because this has never happened before ( supposedly) that a factory repaired camper would have to be brought back! Doug is trying to get his bosses to approve the costs of bringing my camper back! I'm not sure what the plan will be if it doesn't get approved but he said we'll cross that path when or if it comes.......so as of 5pm yesterday (Friday) Doug had not received approval, he had not heard a thing other than his bosses and there bosses were meeting to go over the e-mails and pictures that I sent to come up with a plan of action that may or may not involve the camper being returned! So waiting we are !! ONLY ME .... Figures . Everyone else that I'm heard from have said that there repairs were done over and above what they had expected! -- Dave

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #15

I am sure they will fix it right for you. Just the one with different brand of tires is inexcusable. You never do it on a car so why doing it on a trailer? and the rest of the story!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #16

Good for you BigRed. At least they have taken the first step and admitted their mistake.
I'ts kind of funny how many "bosses" it takes to make what should be an easy decision

Hang in there and stay on top of 'em. Nicely but firmly.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #17

Well I just dropped mine off at the dealership to have my side wall fixed. Now I hope I don't have any issues like you did dave (bigred).
Old 10-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #18

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
I just heard yesterday our Rockwood Windjammer 3065 was ready.....heading out to Indiana for a factory tour and inspect our camper after the new (re-)repair. They (Forest River) said that I wouldn't be disappointed this time, and I'll be surprised ! There sure! So we'll see what they mean in a few days! I'm sure after my problems, they aren't going to let it happen to anyone else's cracked 3065 thats returned to the factory, mines cost them enough I believe. And they know I'm on this forum! So Wish me luck ! - Dave K.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #19

[I'm sure after my problems, they aren't going to let it happen to anyone else's cracked 3065 thats returned to the factory, mines cost them enough I believe. And they know I'm on this forum! So Wish me luck ! - Dave K.]

I sure hope this proves to be true. The DW and I will be dropping our 3065 off at the factory in 9 days and the thought of a "re-repair" is scary.
We love the layout of this TT and were brokenhearted when we discovered our's had "the crack". We will be interrupting our travels to await the repairs so hopefully it will be one and done.
Good luck on yours and I look forward to your glowing report..

Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote