Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
WFD

Vent covers on the Rockwood 8289

Question for any Rockwood 8289 5'er owners...does the Create a Breeze or Fan-tastic fans that they use come with a separate vent cover. By that I mean other than the crank up one that is part of the fan. I am thinking like a MaxAire or the Ultrabreeze vent cover that Fantastic Fan people make...don't need to hear about the restricted air flow and such. Have viewed the video and heard lots about some brands of vent covers restricting the airflow, etc... The MaxAire2 and Ultrabreeze both seem to provide adequate flow. Just curious if they come already installed on the trailer or if one needs to buy them afterwards. I like that both these covers are hinged and can be flipped for cleaning and/or servicing of the fan.

Thanks folks
Rick

Rockwood 8289 WS on order(anxiously awaiting)
2011 GMC 2500HD
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #2

Buy the (Maxair2) while you are waiting,then put them on when it comes in. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
WFD

So what you are saying is that it doesn't come with vent covers?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
So what you are saying is that it doesn't come with vent covers?
Yes,lids,no covers. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #5

Vent covers should be your first mod. And you will appreciate the additional comfort and ease of use. :-)
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
WFD

The Fantastic Fan has a plastic curb...no problem screwing the mounting brackets into there...the install videos online all seem to have a metal flange for the curb as opposed to the plastic...in the videos they use a nut and bolt for the brackets. Just wondering if a self tapping screw into the plastic will hold well enough long term.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #7

My 8289 came with fantastic ultrabreeze covers on both the bath and kitchen fans. The fans in the 8289 both have wall switches to raise and lower the interior cap and to turn the fan on. Especially helpful for the one located in the kitchen that is at one of the higher points on the ceiling.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Question for any Rockwood 8289 5'er owners...does the Create a Breeze or Fan-tastic fans that they use come with a separate vent cover. By that I mean other than the crank up one that is part of the fan. I am thinking like a MaxAire or the Ultrabreeze vent cover that Fantastic Fan people make...don't need to hear about the restricted air flow and such. Have viewed the video and heard lots about some brands of vent covers restricting the airflow, etc... The MaxAire2 and Ultrabreeze both seem to provide adequate flow. Just curious if they come already installed on the trailer or if one needs to buy them afterwards. I like that both these covers are hinged and can be flipped for cleaning and/or servicing of the fan.

Thanks folks
Rick

Rockwood 8289 WS on order(anxiously awaiting)
2011 GMC 2500HD
My unit did not come with any vent covers, I bought 3 of them from the dealer and had them install them before I did my walk PDI. They are just the plain old Camco vent covers. 1) over the bed 1) in the bath area which has the auto fan, and 1) in the rear lounge area. The one in the bath works just fine on all 3 speeds. That's the only power fan I have.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, rockwood, vent