Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
The dealer took care of the reversed vent issue. I had a list of 6 other things, all quality related, that did not get taken care of. Even though they said they did. Here is a good example of why I am frustrated. One of the problems I had was the floor boards did not come together. There was an 1/8" gap that every time you walked on it, it seperated. It was nearly tearing the linoleum. The dealer said they would fix it. They peeled the flooring back and ran 8 drywall screws through the floor INTO NOTHING!!! They then coverd the screws up and called it done. From the basement I have 8 screws poking through the floor. All they had to do was step on the floor again and they would have seen that they did not do anything but waste 8 screws. This one frustrated me the most. In regards to your statement about quality taking a back seat to production, it's is true in nearly every sector. I work for an automotive parts supplier and know all to well the reality of this. I see its no different in the RV industry. My biggest concern now is that I have a really expensive toy that I have to fix myself. Grrrrrr.

4Rasnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
I think at this point I would take photos of the "repaired floor" and send to F.R. Let them know you are disucssing your problems on the fourm with other F.R. customers. Many of whom are upset with F.R. and their dealers workmanship. If nothing else it helps you vent and sometimes the squeeky wheel syndrome works. Since you trailer is brand new, tell them you want it replaced. BTW our Flagstaff had the metal strip covering the seam joint on the underbody covering held in with wood screws that went into air also. It all fell off.

2008 Flagstaff 831FKSS
1997 Ram 2500 4X4 360 Gasser
Wife Candice, two dogs
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote