Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
KMC

Send a message via MSN to KMC
Unhappy Walk Thru nightmare.

Not sure what u call the front of the 5th Wh where the Master Bedroom is, but we noticed where the roof meets the fiberglass or (what ever the outside material is)at the top (outside) above the decal was wavy or looked dented in. Was told that is how all the Rockwood SUL new fronts look. It is a 8288ss 2011. I hope this is not true. We did not except delivery, and they are looking into it. Also, under, where the kingpin is, as it sweeps down around the bed of the truck, (hard to explain), that this to is very wavy. Can anyone explain to me if this is normal, because it is an Ultra Lite. Shouldn't it be smooth and firm. Help, we r so worried.
KMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #2

I can't help you with your question, but you might check these out;
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
They're a FR division and in the same price range.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The aero-cap may have been installed improperly and is "racked" a bit. It should be an easy (in the big scheme of things) fix.
Labor intensive, but that is a warranty issue and should be fixed. You did the right thing; bouncing it.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #4

I agree with Herk.....don't accept the unacceptable!
I have been in a excited hurry to many times and paid for it. Won't do that again....but also getting a bit older, so not to many things happen quickly anymore
Good for you to take pause and say..NO
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
KMC

Thank you for the advice. So you don't think we can exchange it or cancel it all together? Some say it may be a breach of contract if you purchased it new and now that it is damaged it is no longer new, it is a repaired rv? We think it was hit right in the middle of the aero-cap (thank you Herk) and buckled it. There was scrape marks there that weren't there when we decided to purchase it. I think we may have to contact a lawyer, only thing is they have our trade in 23ss Roo TT. What a mess.

Oh, it is a 2011 Rockwood 5th wheel 2881ss.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #6

That very well could be the issue. I was looking at 5er's last year and stopped by a local dealer. Did a look see at a Sabre model which was new but a last years model. At the time was just tire kicking so looked at a few more dealerships. I returned to get another look at the Sabre. Found out when a delivery driver was bringing in a new rig, he hit the cap on the Sabre, damaging it quite bad. Much as you describe. Had I not showed up unannounced I may have never known about it. It was in the shop being "repaired". Needless to say I walked on that one. They did sell it as I called and inquired about it later. I hope they had the courtesy to tell the new ower about it, but wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
You may try flashing a $50 around the service department an see if anyone knows the real story.
I would either get a huge discount as it was damaged, or get a new one for sure. Try and negociate something. I would use a lawyer as a last result. This will most likely cost more money and more time.

Best of luck to you on this. Keep us posted.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

What was initially described is not unusual, and is no cause for concern. I have seen it on most similar campers. But when you mentioned scrape marks where it appeared 'dented', that is a whole different matter. It might indeed have been hit there, and I would not accept it either.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
KMC

Thank you for the great response. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Kathleen
Old 07-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #9

On ours the wavy is only the sealant that was not put on straight...No big deal....
guy driver is offline   Reply With Quote