Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Epiphany

Want to share location of slide out fuses

Because I have learned a lot from reading this forum, I wanted to share from my challenge. We are first time owners and finally was able to schedule a camping trip. The first challenge was the slide outs did not work. We were able to manually open the dinette but never could figure out the wardrobe. It just became a minor inconvenience. I checked the fuses but could not locate one labeled for slide outs. I checked the forum for some clue but could not find an answer other than may be located by the battery. Looked but could not find because I didn't know what I was looking for. Called the CoachNet phone number and they too were no help. Called the salesperson and again no help. Finally emailed Forest River but no answer until the trip was over; however, now have an answer. If anyone else has a 2440WS, the slide out fuses are located by the battery in green covers with writing "Max 30 Amp". Replaced and the slide outs are working great!

Also want to thank the forum postings that help me figure out the hot water switch, the workings of the observation camera, and location of the water filter!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Thank you! I'm willing to bet many other models have fuses there also, and someone will need this information. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

Thank you so much!! Just returned home from a weekend trip with our new-to-us Rockwood 2618VS and we were putting the slides out to unpack and the rear slide had no power. Would probably never had found this fuse! Appreciate you posting this fix!
cropmom66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, location, slide, slide out