Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #1

So..I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before we go pick up our new Rockwood 2306. I have read about the 1 yr bumper bumper warranty and the FRS extra yr warranty for 2 years. But I'm really wondering if we should waste our money on the dealers extended 5 yr that runs consecutively with FRs. Also I have read there is a
12 yr warranty on roof
5yr on axles
2yr fiberglass
I don't know if this is at extra cost or included with the trailer?

If we do go with extended which is best??
Our dealer offers Preferred RV seems can't find much info on them.
How is the one that camping world offers? Good sam? (Think is name)

And one more question
What about coach - net 24/7 emergency road side assistance. Looks like FR offers is for 1 yr free??

Sorry so many questions and concerns but we are trying to make sure everything is in line and that this will be our last trailer we have to buy for awhile.

Thank you for any info that can be provided.

countryluvengal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Buying the extended warranty is a personal thing. You will probably get an equal amount of answers on both sides. I did not choose it. I have the obvious one year that comes with the purchase plus I paid $150 to Forest River for the additional one year. Remember the Forest River extended warranty must be done within 10 days of purchase.

We purchased the extended on our last camper and didn't even use it. We traded at the three year mark - IMO - waste of my money.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3025W
Diamond Package
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
Oh and as for Coach-Net - I think most new purchases come with a free year of that service from either Good Sam or Coach Net. We purchased from CW and of course, have Good Sam - never used it. But it is nice to know it's there. I recommend you go to and read up on the issue. See what everyone else thinks. Congratulations and good luck with the new FR.
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3025W
Diamond Package
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
When we purchased (March of 2015) we opted for the extended warranty, but did not buy the Forest River warranty. As you mentioned, the warranties run concurrent, so I figured there was no reason to double-pay. It's a 4 year warranty that picks up after the manufacturers warranty expires. $50 deductible. Price was $1,000.

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #5
Site Team
I bought the FR extra warranty and am glad I did. I opted out of the aftermarket extended warranty. There are some you can buy after you run out of factory warranty should you feel the need.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote