Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Warranty woes

My wife and I purchased a Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite, 5th wheel, last January 2014 (We live in So Cal). We took it in for warranty work at the end of September and have not had it back. After the dealer we initially took it to advised he could not finish the last item needed to be done (roof), we transferred it to another dealer on 12/15, with the approval of Rockwood. As of this writing we are still waiting for the parts to arrive at the dealer. The dealer had placed the request within a week of receiving our trailer. Rockwood initially said it would arrive on 01/07, then 01/12, and last I heard they said the parts would arrive 01/20. The first dealer we took it to also advised us of the delay in getting parts. I have had about had it with Forest River/Rockwood. We are first time buyers so is this usual when dealing with warranty work and the apparent lack of speed on the part of Rockwood in getting parts to the dealer?

Also, since our trailer had been in the shop for the better part of 3 months, I contacted Rockwood and inquired if they could extend our warranty since I felt the three months was a bit long of warranty work and that was 3 months we weren't shaking out our trailer. I was told they could not do anything for me, but would enter notes into their system reference our trailer and if in the next few months we had to bring our trailer in for work MAYBE they could help us out. (At the time I contacted Rockwood about my warranty question I had the rep I was talking to to check the status of the parts for our roof. he advised me they would be at the dealer on the 7th.)

We love our trailer and just want to use it, but this experience with the warranty work and Rockwood has left us a bit soured with the company. Very frustrated.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks.
DvlDog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

We, too, are first time buyers and we have had our unit in the shop last year 7 times and only had it out camping 4 times total (16 days total time on camping sites). Who did you speak to at FR? I have been dealing with a gentleman by the name of Chris Hollowell who works in Warrenty Repair . He has been very helpful.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #3

When I first made contact with Rockwood back in March 2014 reference the warranty work I needed done it was with a Fred Yoder (email/telephone). When we had to change dealers reference the roof work that needed to be done done I emailed Mr. Yoder, but never had a response. As for the warranty question I had I unfortunately did not write the name down of the person I spoke with. It might of been the person you spoke with (name sounds familiar), but I am not sure.
DvlDog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #4

We had the roof replaced by our local dealer, and he said he would never do another roof. Seems as if it took them 42+ hours for the total roof install, and FR would only reimburse them for 33 hours.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlDog88 View Post
When I first made contact with Rockwood back in March 2014 reference the warranty work I needed done it was with a Fred Yoder (email/telephone). When we had to change dealers reference the roof work that needed to be done done I emailed Mr. Yoder, but never had a response. As for the warranty question I had I unfortunately did not write the name down of the person I spoke with. It might of been the person you spoke with (name sounds familiar), but I am not sure.
Fred Yoder if I'm not mistaking is the Rockwood forman. Nice guy but could be the wrong person to talk to.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty