Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #21

I bought my 5th wheel from a dealer who turned out to be the dealer from hell. I then brought my RV to another local FR dealer he said he would do warranty work on any FR RV except any purchased from that dealer, who has a bad rep.
Finally the 2nd dealer ( Terry trailers ) took pity on me and performed the warranty work in a timely fashion and was very professional. I gave him more work, a bottle of wine for Christmas and several referrals, one became a sale.
Any dealer who refuses to perform warranty work on trailers he did not sell is not a very smart business person
Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #22
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rhino View Post
...So that's where your donuts will end-up, awellis3, if you attempt to bribe the starving maintenance guys to move your unit along...
Just a minor point. My local dealership has only one owner, one salesman, two parts people, 3 technicians and two gofers so all share in the do-nuts, sausage biscuits, whatever I bring in.
AND I never, ever, never bring them goodies if I need something. It's not a bribe. I genuinely like these people and the work they do. It's my way of showing them that they are appreciated.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #23

We are lucky to have an RV repair facility that is not associated with any dealership that is contracted with FR to do warranty work. Great service, excellent work and they appear to be very honest. They have repaired little things for me and never written up a repair slip, telling me it wasn't worth the time and paperwork to get reimbursed. I call ahead and make a reservation and bring it when they are almost ready to work on it. Love it!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #24

We also took our Trilogy to Giant Recreation World in Melbourne FL, twice. They do not sell them, but handled all authorizations from the factory and Lippert. No out of pocket. We were even able to schedule a drop off time. Both repairs were fairly significant, yet they were completed the same day.

We had s Columbus 320, and as with many of the Columbus dealers, were more less on our own. Ended up taking it to a non-dealer repair facility in SC, Tony's RV, who completed the warranty work with no out of pocket. They also dealt direct with the factory, which was no small feat at the time given their lack caring and/or level of customer service.

lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #25

I did not bribe the dealer, I gave him a bottle of wine for Christmas to show my appreciation and the referrals were for professionalism and good attitude.
Malc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty