Old 04-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Read my post 11 by law the dealer cannot work on the unit until it passes CSA approval. The trailer is registered in Ontario and must comply to Canadian laws. This is another reason why you should purchase from a local dealer.
Not true! We have an MH we purchased it in Texas for lot cheaper then a Canadian dealers. We had done the proper form of importing the unit and paid the taxes . Also transferred all warranties to Canada. If you have registered all this through RIV you will be granted to have a licenses plate and fully registered as a Canadian TT or MH. You should not have any problem with the warranty work. We didn't and also we had safety recalls we were covered for. This was sent to us by mail and no charge at all.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I do not think it is an issue. They will service your Chevy or Ford even though it doesn't meet Canadian DOT standards for daytime running lights. Same rule would apply to Trailers so don't worry.

I think the OP has dealers that just won't service it because he bought in the US to save money.
X2 The dealers here are stiller I call them. They want to make a lot of profit.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #33
Just a member

Quote:
If you look up the towing laws for most provinces open propane tanks are not allowed when traveling on the highway.
Propane industry proponents and fire safety officials would like us to believe that. In fact, many (most?) provinces have no regulations restricting the use of propane appliances (fridge) while traveling. Some have been pondering the issue for a number of yrs and some specify that propane tanks have OPD and flow check valves.

Quote:
CSA is a separate set of rules.
CSA is a standards organization. They don't make rules. That's up to the Federal and/or respective Provincial governments. That's why I will continue to maintain that MTO dropped the ball in this instance.

Cheers
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:07 AM   #34
Just a member

Quote:
This is not a propane company and if you read the whole item you will see that propane tanks are to be in the off position while driving on highways in most Canadian Provinces.
Caught your post before it was deleted.

I counted two provinces (MB and NS) that supposedly had regulations prohibiting RV travel with propane turned on. I suspect that Camping Canada's information is dated.

The Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada appears to have more recent details. Or we could just troll the respective Province's motor vehicle legislation.

RVDA of Canada - Provincial RV Regulations
)
Old 04-14-2016, 02:25 AM   #35

I deleted item because it was an older form trying to find the more up to date. BC also has a law that states propane tanks are to be off on highways. When I find the newer version will post.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:54 AM   #36
Just a member

Quote:
I deleted item because it was an older form trying to find the more up to date. BC also has a law that states propane tanks are to be off on highways. When I find the newer version will post.
Speaking of Super Natural Bring Cash, their DriveSmartBC site contends that Federal TDG regs prohibit RVs from traveling with the gas turned on. That is not correct. RV's, generally, are exempt from TDG regulations.

Operating RV's with Propane On | DriveSmartBC

)
Old 04-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #37
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandl View Post
CSA is a standards organization. They don't make rules. That's up to the Federal and/or respective Provincial governments.
This is correct but it's semantics. Governments put compliance with some CSA standards in their regulations so in effect the standard becomes the law. In other cases a CSA standard may not be in law but it is a procurement requirement.

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, warranty