Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
Riverss

wasted space

I am new to the 5th wheel scene and just bought a 2016 Rockwood 8299 BS. it was winterized and i was not able to get the full walk a round at the pdi ( my bad) I have started my in depth investigation and realize there is a whole lot that i need to know about my new unit for us to be on friendly terms in the future. I have started my modifications with the installation of bug screens on all of the vent openings so muddobers etc will not be camping with us. I will install two or three computer ventilation fans in the refrigerator compartment to aid in the air movement as i feel as this is necessary to keep cold soda (beer) in the Texas heat. i did locate the water filter and hope to bypass it and use an external filter.i have to figure out that one.in my motor home info packet it gave me all of the info on how to bypass this that and the other but not so in my 5th wheel. Searching for a place to mount a hardwired EMS i discovered the there is a host of wasted space in the area just aft of the cargo bay panel. this is where the heater , hot water heater water filter is located.Wiring is routed willy nilly in this area so totally random it is hard for me to fathom the engineering schematics/routing blueprints. looks as though i have a lot of work to do to clean it up so the wires do not chafe and short later down the road. If any one has any suggestions on the water heater by pass if there is one or the filter bypass if there is one sound off .there are three water inlets and i know one is for dock side water and one is for flushing the holding tank but for the life of me i do not remember what the other one is for. the on board water tank fill is on the opposite aft side. any other doos or don't would be helpful
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #2

The other hose connection is for antifreeze uptake. You flip the valve at your pump and it will draw from that connection instead of the fresh water tank.

Bruce
Old 03-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Riverss

Nomad 297 thanks. i need to label that for the future i also did not know about the valve position
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote