Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Water appearing on bedside table - 8313SS

Just this year we have started to have things getting wet during rain just on the flat area on one side of the master bed. All above the area is dry including the roof and closet. It is not clear where it is coming from and we have not seen it entering.

The only place we can imagine it is coming from is along the seam where the flat "table area" meets the camper wall facing the front.

Any suggestions or experience on possible locations where it might be entering or how to figure it out?

Thanks!!
Virginiacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #2

Had the same thing last month in a bad storm. Wasn't bed side, but couch side in rear of trailer. First thought was it came in the door before I closed it, but then figured wind was comming from wrong direction. My guess (I hope) is it came in around the window. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #3

We had something similar. We have a Rockwood 2608SS which has a front kitchen/rear bed, we found water on the kitchen worktop after a bad storm. I thought it had found its way down from the roof, but when I took it in to the dealer the tech found a crack around the window seal. He re-sealed it and we have been through a couple of storms since with no further leaks.
2006 Infiniti QX56 (Gone)
Kenny, Annie, and Brock (The Labradoodle)
Kmair1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #4

On my 8285 it was the front roof seam leaking showing up on the left night stand.

Dave
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #5

Ive had water come in behind the upper clearance lights. Mine had a 3/8" hole for the wires and no sealant to speak of.

https://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #6

Thanks for all the advice. We found a gap at the roof seam so we caulked it and will see at next rain. If not we will try the other ideas.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #7

Just wanted to let you know after 2 days of raining no more leaking. It was the roof seam. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #8

I had the same problem with our Salem LE, we kept fiding the master mattress damp in teh same area and a small puddle of water on the nightstand next to the bed. I could never find where it was coming in from. I had the entire roof resealed and caulked and we have not the problem since. it would only do this in very heavy rain and wind, a light shower did not cause this to happen.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8313ss, bed, beds