Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #1

Water heater won't ignite

Yesterday couldn't get the pump to work. Solved that problem when I found a blown in line fuse. Then yesterday the water heater would not stay ignited, but it was so windy I wrote it off as that and switched to electric since I have it where I am currently. This morning the winds are gone but now the gas heater does absolutely nothing.

I've played with the reset switch at the furnace, but when I flip the switch nothing happens and the reset switch/light stays off.

I was planning to move to a national park today and they don't have the electric option.

Does anyone know where the ignighter relay thing for a Rockwood 2604 is located, or any other help?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Remove 12v power to the water heater by pulling a fuse in the
fusebox.
Wait a few seconds and replace the fuse.
Try the WH again.

Good luck!
KyDan
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #3

I have a 2003 and had a similar problem this summer. Not sure if you have the same heater or not but if you open the cover on the outside and remove the plate covering the gas injector you could find a spider web or other item blocking the flow of gas. It will take two of you but if one person holds a long lighter at the gas jet and the other turns on the heater the thing should light. After you burn out the port it should work fine.

If you are not sure what you are doing take it to a dealer. No sense in playing with LP if you are comfortable with the system

good luck
Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #4

Is your electric heater still on? If the water is up to temp. the gas will not come on.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #5

Iwould try removing the ousde covers and look for obstructions like in my case mud dobber bees, for some reason they love the hotwater heater.Spiders and bug play tricks on the hotwater lp system.If your system is older you may need a good cleaning
toolmangj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #6

Also check your gas regulator. Mine just went bad and caused similar problems.
Fl-wolfpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #7

I had to have to admit this but the problem was basically as Caper thought. Because the heater had been on electric and the water was heated, the gas didn't fire up. I had already called a mobile tech, but while waiting I decided to try one more time about 1/2 hour later. It started right up. So first is was the wind, and then it was just me being a dope.

Sorry for the delay in posting the solution but I have not had Internet for a few days.

Thanks All

Tags
rockwood