Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #1

Water in front window 8329ss

I noticed water standing in the pan inside the front window the other night. Don't know if it was from condasat or rain. Has any one ever noticed water on the inside window. 2017- Rock Wood 8329ss.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181127_113643737_HDR.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	192221
boydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

Our last trip out this fall, it got down around freezing a couple nights in a row. We had condensation issues on the front window on our 2509s, until I opened the front vent just a bit. That took care of the problem.

We have never had issues with the windshield leaking (knock on wood), but I have heard others on this forum with that problem. I added sealant around it when we first bought the trailer last year.
TJ Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #3

When we got down here Friday it was cold and raining and all the windows were covered in condasat. It's the first time I ever looked in that window, it has a sealed pan around it and the pan was holding a good bit of water. I turned the vent on in the bathroom and my wife opened some windows, all the condasat is gone and all is dry. Still not hundred percent sure if it was leaking or it was just condasat
Old 11-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #4

You will have condensation in the front window when temps go subfreezing.
To avoid that we put a 200W heater circulating hot air there.
https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-100-MyH...SIN=B003XDTWN2

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #5
ArmchairQB

I don’t have your model, but I do have that monster windshield. I also just got it out of the shop for what sounds like the same problem. The shop found that the window seal was not correct- they removed and put new sealant all around the window. There was also a couple of small leaks right at the junction of the roof and front cap. We collected quite a bit of water in the sill. In fact that is also the bedroom and we captured some as it ran down the wall and under the mattress. They dried everything out, made sure the seals were good by putting it in a spray shed of some kind and then WE went through it with the proverbial fine tooth comb. Everything looks good-no discolorization on walls, ceiling or under/in the sill. The mattress not so lucky but we are replacing it anyway so no big deal there. After all that we used it one night and condensation on the window! We now use a small fan on the stand next to the bed and what do you know, issue resolved!
2 Golden Retriever mix rescues
My favorite travelling companion, my wife
Duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #6

We have the same model 2016 and yes if it gets down in the 30’s you’ll have condensation issues and swear it’s leaking but more than likely it’s just condensation.
Shannon8329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #7

I almost wish I didn't have that window in our TT. I don't use it for anything other than collecting moisture and dirt. I never open it unless I clean it or check for leaks. That is about the only negative I have found with my trailer.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #8

Had two days of rain since we been home from our camping trip and no water in the front window. It looks like my problem is condensate. Thank y'all for your reply, I was really hoping I didn't have a leak

Tags
water, window