Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #1

Water pressure

Had our Rockwood 8293RKSS out last week for our first full week of camping. The water pressure on the outside shower is horrendous; barely a trickle, and it's not that great in the kitchen either. The spray head barely will spray at all in the kitchen. Toilet flushes great. Sink in bathroom is so-so, and shower is okay. Should we be checking for any manufacturing debris in the faucets, etc.? Hubby said outside shower pressure could be low because we didn't have a lot of water left in our tank - true or not? Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!! Leaving again tomorrow for a four day weekend.

Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69; Days camped 2014: 12
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #2

Definitely unscrew the diffusers on each faucet spigot and check for pieces of plastic. They drill the tanks at the factory and pieces travel downstream and clog the screens where ever water is supposed to come out. We had to pull the one in the kitchen for that very problem.

2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel
2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlite 831 FKBSS
Fleet of Canoes and one Kayak
So Many Rivers so Little Time!
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #3

The water pressure from your pump should be constant regardless of the level of water in your tank until the pump sucks air. Good pressure in the shower and toilet lead me to believe you have debri in the screens.... Hope this helps.

2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel
2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlite 831 FKBSS
Fleet of Canoes and one Kayak
So Many Rivers so Little Time!
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #4

I had an outside shower on a PUP a number of years ago, and somehow, the gasket at the shower end got jammed in the way of the water flow. It happened right after the kids has rinsed themselves after returning from the beach. We could only attribute it to "Not me!".

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #5

I have essentially the same issue. Low water pressure in the bathroom except toilet and almost no pressure hot or cold to outside shower and low pressure hat and cold to kitchen. Brand new unit. 8280WS if intrested. I have checked the aerators the built in filtration and it all appears clear. This happens with both city connection and tank/pump combo. help please I guess I will be forced to take it in for repairs.
any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #6

Do you have air in the lines? If you turn on your kitchen faucet does it sputter air? You can also press the pressure release on the hot water heater and see if it hisses with no water. When you look at your water filter is it completely covered with water? Is your pump constantly running?
FarmerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #7

I have let the water run and verified that the water heater is full by checking the release valve. thanks for the suggestions
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to theanglins
I talk to Forest River technion Johnathon Gust about the water problems on our 8312ss. He told me that the pump is sucking air from the antifreeze line at the back of the trailer on the 2012s.
You have to put a shut off valve in the line where the antifreeze come in to the system. That line is covered by a small rubber plug on the outside at the back of the trailer. I had the dealer do it up here in Canada.. Left the power on the pump for 2 day straight never lost prim or water in the filter. It always stays full.