Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

Water pressure and windows in 2006 8318SS

We purchased a used, one owner 2006 Rockwood 8318SS and it seems we've had nothing but problems with it. Hoping someone here with the same camper can give us some advice.

First we are having water pressure issues. When we first filled the tank with water at home, the water pump didn't work so we purchased a new one. Shurflo 45psi, 3.5 gal. After we replaced the water pump, the water pressure was not very good especially in the shower. We switched out the shower head handle with the one outside and it seemed to help a little bit. We are continuing to get air in the lines when you turn on any faucet, shower or toilet as it spits. The water pressure is still low for the water pump we purchased. We have checked everything we can think of including the water heater. We also checked all the faucets for the screens and have removed the ones that still had them, same issue.

When we purchased this camper, there was a lot of rusty residue in the shower and sinks. The previous owner told us that they camped at a campground all summer so I am assuming that was from that campground's bad water. They did give us an extra water filter system so I'm assuming that they used them. Not sure if this would cause issues with the water pressure though but I thought I would mention it. We've been camping for over 20 years and had many campers so we know what kind of pressure we are supposed to be getting. When the water pump is on, it is noisy and vibrates the entire camper but we think we need to insulate that area for the sound. Also, I should mention that we boondock all summer on our lake property and bring water in to fill the tank. Does anyone else have issues with the water system in this camper? Anything we can check besides taking out the underbelly to check the water lines?

Second thing are the dang sliding windows. They are so hard to open and close. We've put WD40 on them but they are still hard to open and close. We've hurt our fingers on them a few times - that's how hard they are! The wind out windows are fine so its just the up and down ones. Anyone else had issues with these windows sticking?

We have other issues with this camper such as the sewer tank waste will not go out as it builds up with toilet paper even when we use thin biodegradable paper. It doesn't matter if we have the valve open continuously or shut, it still builds up. Anyone else have issues with this?

There are other issues but these are our main concerns.

Thanks!
mjknight02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #2

I don't have this same unit, but I would say your water issues are probably a result of the previous owners water use at the long term park. I'm going to assume the extra filter you mentioned in something connected to the hose. Your trailer probably has a built in filter as well (usually hidden in a cabinet someplace). Make sure that filter is new. You should also try and remove that cartridge and see how the pressure is without it.

If not done already, I would drain the water heater and blow the whole system out and bleach/sanitize it (you will want to google the best way to do this).

If the pressure just as bad when hooked up directly to a water source, or only bad when using the pump?

I have one sliding window that is the same way, same age. It gets a little better the more you use it, but never easy. I guess that just means it seals well when closed.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

WD40 is not a Lube. You need to try mabee a silicone spray or the like. And you NEVER want to leave the Black tank drain valve open. Leaving it closed till time to dump gives the liquid time to break the paper and poo down. If you leave it open your going to have Big problems. Do a search on here for the Geo Method of treating your black tank. IMHO.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #4

Here ya go !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	147288  
Old 08-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #5

Does it have an antifreeze port? On our 2017 mini-lite the valve on the antifreeze port was not turned off all the way and we got a lot of air when using water pump. On city water it worked fine.
jjjandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #6

I know the answer, but wonder if the original members that posted it are still responding/need help/got it figured out. - James
Old 09-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyQuake View Post
I know the answer, but wonder if the original members that posted it are still responding/need help/got it figured out. - James
The OP hasn't posted here in over 3 years. You might try sending a PM to them.
I'm guessing they've figured out their issues by now.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, water, window