Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 10:59 AM   #1

Water Problem

we have had our WJ 3008 for three year. Took it out for first time yesterday. Filled the fresh water tank, however when tap turned on water only spurts out, no flow. Pump runs continually. The filter container isn't filling up, however if you turn it to take it off there is pressure. Prior to leaving I had it hooked up to city water and it worked ok, but when I set up, no water from the tank. There is no water hookup at Quetico Prov Park, electrical. Any suggestions?
TkJohn
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

I had something similiar happen to my 3008. Had to prime the pump by pouring water into the antifreeze winterizing hose. Not sure why that happened maybe check valve stuck but it may help to try that. If yours is the same make sure to turn valve to that position.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #3

You might be filling your (W/H) takes (6 gal) before the rest of the system fills,could be the same for Filter,depends where filter is located in your system! !st time out,Ever in (3 yrs)? Camp on! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #4

Water Problems

Found the problem, the tap for the antifreeze inlet was still open. So it was sucking air. As soon as the tap was turned off the water flowed normally.
John
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Found the problem, the tap for the antifreeze inlet was still open. So it was sucking air. As soon as the tap was turned off the water flowed normally.
John
Glad to hear...it's usually something little like this!!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
2016 Rockwood Ultra-Lite

Factor,
This is a common problem. I have heard of many trailers, including mine, that come from the factory with the pump input valve set to the "Winterizing" position. I was lucky to just stumble across the valve while troubleshooting this problem. Glad it was an easy fix for us. Wish the factory would reverse this valve before shipment.

radarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water