Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #1

went to the timonium,md rv show today...

it was pretty crowded...don't know if people are buying or if it was just something to do on a nice sunny day.looked at the rockwoods to see what upgrades are available this year.
really like this option. an out door kitchen! saw it also on some other units...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/Pho...to=309&cat=500
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Were there a bunch of Sold signs on the units? We went to the RV Show at Hershey and I don't ever recall seeing so many sold signs on everything from pop-ups through big Class A and Big 5ers. The show was crowded. We went up yesterday, spent the night camping in the lot and went back in to finish up today. It was really good to see that these manufacturers have done a nice job of bringing out new features and the prices were discounted everywhere.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #3

i did not notice any sold signs,but i did see one dealer with a heckuva promotion. can't remember the brand but they were giving away a 2005 F450 ford dually pickup with the purchase of a particular new 5th wheel trailer. now that trailer was getting a lot of attention!
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:05 AM   #4

One complaint I had heard about the rv show at Hershey is that there were no high dollar rigs there, so apparently for those who have rig that are valued over the highest priced rigs there were looking for something even more expensive as an up grade form what they already have. There were approx 700 models to look at this year, in the past there are over 1400 on display but with companies going out of business of course the selection will be smaller.
The rv show in Timonium is open to only Maryland Dealers, the one at Hershey PA welcomes Dealers from all over the U.S. I have never seen so many sold signs. One dealer told me that he had sold 14 rigs the first day the show started. A nother one told me that a men had bought a new 5th wheel and he did not have a truck to tow it with so he went over to where they were selling the Ford F-550's and bought one of those as well......Life is good...
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I didn't see anything over $300,000 which is unusual but I guess those manufacturers went by the wayside. Most of the Class "A" Diesels were in the mid $180's to $280's. The usual Fleetwood display was definitely a big part that was no longer there. Still it had to be a great show for the dealers. Everywhere you looked units had numerous Sold signs on them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #6

We were looking at the 5th wheels and the class "A", we were in the Winnebago " Tore " model and had trouble walking out of it. the price on this beauty was $340.000 as a show price from it's $500.000 retail price and this was the most expensive one that we could find.
as far as class "A". The next one I was impressed with was the Carriage 5th wheels, they only make three models. Show price on the Cameo was $55.000 and the next one up was $72.000 for the carriage-lite. They make there own frames out of square steel in there own plant in Indiana and the do not cut into the frame for the slide outs, they also make there cabinets, furniture. There are no metal frames around there windows so condensate is reduced or eliminated from the in side. There are many more impressive features with Carriage units including ceiling, wall and floor insulation "R" factors along with one button leveling system.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood