Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #1

What are issues when converter going out?

I changed some wires around in the master breaker box. The lights on the ceiling fan where super bright... I knew that wasn't good? I fried my TV and Microwave. The carbon monoxide / propane sensor started beeping and flashing
Code:
 Green / Red
, said low voltage. The battery was drained. I bought new battery Tuesday night / Wed evening sensor started beeping again. Battery drained..... Could it be the converter is fried also?

Mike C.
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Site Team

What do you mean you changed some wires around in the main breaker box? What breaker box? One in the RV or your house?

The symptoms you describe are usually associated with applying 240 volts to the RV or leg. That fries the television, microwave and converter.

More details needed on what all you have done electrically. Please don't omit anything, as it can be relevant.

This thread may help:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1027274

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #3

Thank you, I was really not sure what I try to explain. It was in my shop. That’s where I plug into. Yes it’s sound like just exactly what I did. Also the battery I purchased was a 24 series.
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlismr View Post
Thank you, I was really not sure what I try to explain. It was in my shop. That’s where I plug into. Yes it’s sound like just exactly what I did. Also the battery I purchased was a 24 series.
Have you corrected, what was done. We don't know the extent of damage, or really anything as vague as the details here are.

I would just suggest getting maybe a mobile RV tech, and see if they can get it all figured out

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlismr View Post

Since you plugged into the outlet at your shop and you don't say whether you have 30A or 50A panel in your RV. Hopefully you did not plug into a 240V service or god forbid 480V.

Now before anyone says 480v is not possible, I've seen some ancient 480v wiring done by some amateurs. And No, it wasn't me that did the wiring.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter