Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 14
What are the floors made of and how thick are they?

I bought a 2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502S and was wondering what the floor was made of and how thick is it? I want to screw 4 tie down points to secure my generator behind the axle to help with weight distribution. Does the floor have any plywood under the linoleum?

Thanks
__________________

DMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cardwellmarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 415
If you have floor furnace vents you can remove them and probably see.
__________________

cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 31
Floors are a sandwich of styrofoam in between louan on top and louan on the bottom
Malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellmarty View Post
If you have floor furnace vents you can remove them and probably see.
No floor vent. I might just drill a hole in the back of a storage compartment to take a look.
DMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:55 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 907
you can also check where a pipe goes thru floor. I know what mine is but not the rockwood mini lite.
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Leslie-and-Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Sautee Nacoochee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS1 View Post
I bought a 2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502S and was wondering what the floor was made of and how thick is it? I want to screw 4 tie down points to secure my generator behind the axle to help with weight distribution. Does the floor have any plywood under the linoleum?

Thanks
Unless it is a 5er it is a foam sandwich, a 1/8 plywood on both sides foam in the middle. My 5er is 5/8 tongue in groove plywood.
Leslie-and-Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie-and-Ann View Post
Unless it is a 5er it is a foam sandwich, a 1/8 plywood on both sides foam in the middle. My 5er is 5/8 tongue in groove plywood.
Some 5ers have the sandwich floor. I think they switched the Rockwoods to plywood in late 2016.
stephndudb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,076
Mini Lite floors are luan and foam sandwich until around mid-2017. So I wouldn't be attaching any tie-downs in yours.
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
cardwellmarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
you can also check where a pipe goes thru floor. I know what mine is but not the rockwood mini lite.
I agree, l can check mine under the tub access hole. My trailer has sandwich flooring and has a thicker osb on top of the sandwich flooring, it is 5/32. My opinion it is not thick enough to mount to, unless you drilled all the way through the sandwich flooring and used maybe a 1x6 and drilled through it using long bolts and flat washers. The biggest set back is you would have to remove belly covering to see and complete the task.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
cardwellmarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellmarty View Post
I agree, l can check mine under the tub access hole. My trailer has sandwich flooring and has a thicker osb on top of the sandwich flooring, it is 5/32. My opinion it is not thick enough to mount to, unless you drilled all the way through the sandwich flooring and used maybe a 1x6 and drilled through it using long bolts and flat washers. The biggest set back is you would have to remove belly covering to see and complete the task.
Correction on floor thickness 5/16, sorry l pulled a floor vent and double checked. My trailer is a 2007 Forest River Flagstaff
__________________

cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
floor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.