Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

what axle is on Rockwood 2018 2606WS

I know it is "Dexter" but which? Need that info to purchase bearings and seals.
Timeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #2

Easiest way is to take one drum off and look. Seals will have a part number on the outside that you can cross reference at places like NAPA. Bearings? Never ever needed to replace bearings. Properly cleaned and packed they should last for the life of the trailer.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Well you are lucky. I took my previous Kodiak to a local "tire place" to repack the bearings and they didn't understand the need to bearing play between 0.001 to 0.010 inch per Alko specs. All 4 sets of bearings failed and had to be replaced. TT bearings are not like bearings on a boat or the trailer you use to haul your mower around. Those tires slide sideways when backing in or cornering sharply, and if too much play there, will chip and fail.
Timeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

Just because a tire dealers idiot mechanic did not know how to adjust play in a tapered bearing pack is no reason to carry around spares. BTW, all taper bearings have a standard play spec. There is no difference between those found on a trailer or on your truck. Over the years I have repacked a lot of wheel bearings and have never ever lost one using a good packer and quality grease, adjusting them by hand.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

There should be a tag on the axle. You will have to crawl under and look on the axle tube. Both axles will be the same.

On my 2014 the tag is still there.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #6

Dexter has great customer service. I emailed my serial number on the axle and they sent me the original build sheet and all the information regarding the hub, bearings, brakes etc. Just go to their web site.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, axle