Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #1

What is this switch supposed to do?

I just had my 2013 Rockwood 2306 delivered to me and now I am trying to figure everything out. On my old camper....this switch would turn on all interior lights that were switched on. When I left the camper they would turn them all off. In my new camper....this switch does nothing......I can be on battery or shore power and it still does nothing. Any ideas?
Here is the switch I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel (Small).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	20882  
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

That should be your interior lights. If you turned it on and nothing happened, check the overhead lights in your main living area/kitchen area. There should be at least a couple that are tied to that switch, but can also be turned off (and on) at the light itself.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Steve Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior
That should be your interior lights. If you turned it on and nothing happened, check the overhead lights in your main living area/kitchen area. There should be at least a couple that are tied to that switch, but can also be turned off (and on) at the light itself.
That's the way mine is. I have one light just as you go into the camper that is powered by the switch
Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
but can also be turned off (and on) at the light itself.
Yep. like EdJunior stated, if you have it turned off at the light itself, the switch does nothing...........but if you have the light turned on at the light (usually by pushing on the button), then the switch will turn the light on/off. This is handy when you are first entering the trailer and need a light quick.

My camper is just like Sideout1961's, and the switch only controls one light, which is the overhead light nearest to the door.

Try turning the switch at the panel to on, then clicking the light to on at the fixture itself. Once it is on, the switch should be able to control the on/off function..........but only if you leave the light clicked on at the light fixture.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Just turn all the interior light on at the fixture then operate the switch in the panel to find the fixture that's switched.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I found the ONE light it operates. Bummer it is not like my old camper were it shuts them all off or on.....depending on which way each light switch is.
I just got done installing basic carpet on the floor so I don't trash the new floor during camping/hunting.
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Why pay for a good durable floor if you are going to cover with a piece of junk carpet? Enjoy the good floor first, and if it finally gets wrecked replace it at that time.
The other way you eventually end up with a wrecked trailer with a new floor.
jacknel is offline   Reply With Quote