Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
What type of Roof

My new 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8312SS has per the sales brochure a combo vinyl and rubber roof. Is this considered an EPDM roof? What is the best product to clean the roof on my unit? I have just been using regular car wash soap and water but want to get rid of some tree stains and did not want to apply the wrong product. tks
__________________

__________________
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
RV Newbie
 
buzzards27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hinckley, Ohio
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt
My new 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8312SS has per the sales brochure a combo vinyl and rubber roof. Is this considered an EPDM roof? What is the best product to clean the roof on my unit? I have just been using regular car wash soap and water but want to get rid of some tree stains and did not want to apply the wrong product. tks
Yes, I think something like EPDM is what you have, we found a cleaner at West Marine. Whatever you use made sure it is not a citrus based product. If you check online or search here there are a few do's and don'ts you should be aware of.
__________________

__________________
2005 FR Lexington 210 6.0L 8500 miles
2007 2500 Silverado Ext. Cab, 6.5' bed 5.7L
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Our 2011 has a TPO roof. Dawn dish soap works well. Also as above make sure whatever you use is not citrus or petroleum based.
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Our 2011 has a TPO roof. Dawn dish soap works well. Also as above make sure whatever you use is not citrus or petroleum based.
What does TPO stand for. Wonder what a EPDM roof. I certainly know what a rubber roof is
__________________
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Wanna Be Camper
 
SaskCampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
What does TPO stand for. Wonder what a EPDM roof. I certainly know what a rubber roof is
Roof Maintenance
__________________

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.