Old 11-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #31

We have a 2009 Windjammer 3001. After returning from a 2,500 mile trip we noticed interior wall cracks above the front slide either side. Not happy!

Old 11-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #32

We camped our maiden voyage for 18 days in Oct.-Nov. and love the 3008w. We had warranty issues that needed taken care of before we left and have a few more on the list now. Fireplace does not put out heat and was only nice to look at. Also issues with bedroom tv hookup I discussed in other thread but on list as well for dealer to fix. We had a piece break off the black water valve and a piece break off the lazyboy recliner. The TT goes to dealer next week for warranty work so I'll let you know how we fare. So far tho we can't wait for winter to be over so we can go back camping.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #33

Who's not Happy with their Windjammer?

Love our 3029w! Fifth trip now, total of 15 nights nights. Only complaints are with the entertainment center. Not getting TV reception while others in the campground are getting several. Believe it has more to do with the TV itself and not enough signal strength due to location - antenna and all cables check out fine, will check further back at home.

The other problem was radio reception with the iRV 66. Could not even pick up a station 10 miles down the road. Had the antenna replaced once but that thing is TINY! The solution - swapped the three-way TV antenna splitter with a four-way, fabricated a cable from a couple of parts from Walmart and BOOM! Now have great radio reception using the TV antenna. See picture below.
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1448310778.876788.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  101.7 KB
Old 11-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #34

I can't really complain about ours, we spent about 65 nights in ours this past year and about 50 the year before. Other than the carbon monoxide/propane detector being a PIA that is about it other than some small little things here and there. Had a screw pull out of the hinge on the bathroom closet door, drawer hardware break, small warranty items. I did contact Dometic about the refrigerator like the thread said and finally got someone to send me the Air Foil kit and installed it in about 10 minutes but I did not use the baffles on the cover. I noticed a difference this year on vacation in the performance of the fridge as opposed to last year when things did not feel as cold as they should have been to me.

Phil
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L FlexFuel
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
fil564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #35

Only complaint I have is that we are not out camping in it at present, waiting a couple of weeks before heading south.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #36

When we took our first trip out this past Oct-Nov we didn't have any refrigerator issues and the frig stayed really cold but it was only not very warm. That trailer is in the shop for warranty issues right now. Is this kit something we need to ask dealer to get and install while it's in the shop or something we should buy ourselves and install. Is it a warranty issue? Also has anyone else had their fireplace light up but not put out any heat?
Old 11-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #37

It is not that the fridge does not work, it is when you travel the wind blows out the pilot and the fridge keeps trying to ignite and when you stop it will ignite and work to cool again. If you read the post someone linked to around post 24 on page 3 it explains the problem. Dometic sent the kit for free and it was a simple install, print out the pdf instructions and ask your dealer maybe they can help. My fireplace throws heat not sure why it would not but I know I will not by another TT without one of these in it. It really cuts down on the use of the furnace and takes that chill out that the furnace is usually never able to.

Phil
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L FlexFuel
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
fil564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #38

Thanks for the info and I'll definitely contact the dealer and domestic while it's in the shop. This forum is great and I've found out so much in a short from everyone.

Tags
windjammer