Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #1

Will my 08 8317 that I ordered receive Digital TV?

Everyone,

I ordered a Rockwood 8317SS on 2/05/08. Does anyone know if the living room TV and bedroom TV will be able to receive digital TV signals? I don't really care about HD, digital looks so good that the difference between digital and HD isn't all that great.

I called the dealer and told him I wanted digital TV's. He said that the units SHOULD pick up the digital channels.

I will check when I am on their lot whether they are picking up the digital channels, but I have camping trips planned and really can't affoard to leave the camper there and refuse delivery...

Jeff
symbasden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #2

I knoe the Concertone main unit has a tuner built in is not digital, I had to run a splitter directly to my Jensen digital tv and programmed the television, you have to use the tv speaker as you have to bypass the surround sound Concertone. Sooo if you have a Jensen digital tv it will p/u digital channels, but only can use the surround for stereo or dvd, the Dealer should know this.

The only thing is , if they have upgraded the Concertone to p/u digital, but I dont think so
Old 03-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #3

I just picked up my Flagstaf 831FKBSS and it had the Digital Tv. We also ordered ours on Feb 05, 2008

Jason & Brent
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
JasonMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #4

we just got a wildwood LE and its flatscreen picks up digital
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #5

Hi Jeff,

I purchased my 2008 8317SS unit in July 07.

With the Concertone TV I can choose analog or digital but as for the the ZX500 Concertone system itself, I looked in the manual under the specifications and it states that its TV tuner is NTSC which is ANALOG. I do not know if this is in violation by selling the ZX500 with only a Analog NTSC tuner without notifying the purchaser or if that FCC thing only implies to the TV. (I think the newer model of the Concertone system ZX600 does not have a tuner at all but I could be mistaken)

FYI as per a previous posting on this site.... The FCC's web site says this: "As of March 1, 2007, all television receivers shipped in interstate commerce or imported into the United States must contain a digital tuner. In addition, effective May 25, 2007, the Commission required sellers of television receiving equipment that does not include a digital tuner to disclose at the point-of-sale that such devices include only an analog tuner, and therefore will require a digital-to-analog converter box to receive over-the-air broadcast television after the transition date. Retailers must inform consumers by prominently displaying the following text if they are selling TV equipment with only an analog tuner: ...".

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
The SAND Group

Smile My '08 8314SS Has Digital Concertone TV!

Hi all,

We just got our new Rockwood 8314SS about a month and a half ago and took it out for the 2nd time this weekend. After reading a lot of posts regarding the Concertone ZX600 we were very bummed. I found this forum after our first outing so on this one I was ready to confirm all the post and go "discuss" the situtation with the dealer.

However, to my amazement, I set the TV (Concertone LCD200T) to DTV mode, performed the auto channel scan, and then, there were the digital channels, coming through loud and clear on the built-in surround sound with the Concertone ZX600 system. I'm in the Houston area and we picked up all of the local HD news broadcasts and could not beleive how clear everthing was. Some random channels that were received were in widescreen format too. Unless I'm just totally missing something here and we're live and in color with digital tv.

The system worked great so with all the issues talked about out there with the Concertone systems, I hope I will continue to be one of the lucky ones!

Please, if there are any DTV/electronics guru's out there --- am I missing something?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsd View Post
Hi all,

We just got our new Rockwood 8314SS about a month and a half ago and took it out for the 2nd time this weekend. After reading a lot of posts regarding the Concertone ZX600 we were very bummed. I found this forum after our first outing so on this one I was ready to confirm all the post and go "discuss" the situtation with the dealer.

However, to my amazement, I set the TV (Concertone LCD200T) to DTV mode, performed the auto channel scan, and then, there were the digital channels, coming through loud and clear on the built-in surround sound with the Concertone ZX600 system. I'm in the Houston area and we picked up all of the local HD news broadcasts and could not beleive how clear everthing was. Some random channels that were received were in widescreen format too. Unless I'm just totally missing something here and we're live and in color with digital tv.

The system worked great so with all the issues talked about out there with the Concertone systems, I hope I will continue to be one of the lucky ones!

Please, if there are any DTV/electronics guru's out there --- am I missing something?
That is great to hear, it sounds as they tied in the Digital tv with the improved surround unit using the tv Output, maybe they are finally getting it right, Good for you and Rockwood!!! Happy camping
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #8

Cool thanks guys! Mine hasn't showed up yet... should be here sometime soon...

I did look in a 2008 8317 lately and they had the venturer TV which is supposed to be digital....
Old 04-04-2008, 02:50 AM   #9

I have the concertone ZX 600 in my Flagstaff V lite,and the tv headphone jack plug goes to the concertone unit for it's sound output. From there, you can control where it goes with the A,B, or C buttons on the concertone zx 600. Mine also has the Venturer tv, and it is totally self- contained with a digital tuner inside of it. It is also a 12 volt tv, so ya don't need the gen. 4 those boondocking trips! VERY COOL!!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
57 Chevy Bobby

Smile Concertone ZX 600

I just took delivery of my 2008 Flagstaff 831rlss yesterday with the Concertone ZX600. The Salesman said the Venturer TV is not true HD but only HD ready. I questioned that because I see HD pictures coming in. I tried to locate a model number on the television but cannot see one since it is mounted to the wall. Anyone know the model number?
bobby.andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
Cyber Phrenologist

I think if I were getting a trailer with an analog TV I would ask the dealer to provide a digital/HD converter box. At about $60 each, I don't think that would be a deal breaker.

The government will even provide you with up to 2 coupons for $40 off the purchase of your converter boxes. Just got ours and got the boxes. TV looks so good, who needs cable??

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #12

I picked up my 09 on Friday, it had two HDTVs one 22 and one 15 and they both picked up digital signals. The bedroom TV can't watch the DVD player in the living room, but I am thinking of fixing that...
Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #13

Looks like I'll be upgrading. My '06 Concertone and 19" tv are both Analog.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #14

You could use a converter box. That is what I was planning on doing with the Roo before I traded it... Only thing is they are 120v but they wouldn't pull much off of an inverter I am sure...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #15

I have the 2009 (honest, mfgd 4-4-08) Rockwood 2604 and it has the ZX600. I get digital pictures on the tv and it looks great. The Concertone system seems to work great also. as a matter of fact, I get 3 different picture on channel 7, analog, digital, and something else that I don't recognize.
I like the 12 volt operation but had a little scare on first trip out. Seems that the park breaker tripped and the TV was still working but the AC stopped like it does when the temp setting is reached. However, it did not come back on until I went out and reset the breaker. Now I know it works on 12 V.
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #16

Yeah it's nice that the main TV works on 12V but the "extra bedroom tv" doesn't!! It is 110V only...

Tags
rockwood