Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #21

Well its all ours and sitting in our drive way and mommas happy
Hope it was a good decision
We liked the Windjammer except for a few very small things like only propane water heater and when I took it for a short tow it whistled like crazy on the door side??
tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckinca

The interior support is only connected to one side of the trailer so the other side sags and bounces when driving down the road. The support is connected with sheet metal screws to the bed into a aluminum tubular support. The screws (about a total of 6)sheared in half and in some places made the penetration into the aluminum into a vertical inch long opening. The bouncing effect cracked the exterior rear siding.

The bed needs more interior support.

Chuckinca, not to be a pest, but can you be more specific? We have the 21WRS Flagstaff Vlite (sister model) and it has an aluminum rail on each side of the bed ( which wheels ride in). It also has rollers under the slide that you can see from the outside and an upper and lower steel cable on each side. Is there another support somewhere that is prone to damage? We have used ours 6 times and towed about 500 miles, no issues so far!
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger View Post
Well its all ours and sitting in our drive way and mommas happy
Hope it was a good decision
We liked the Windjammer except for a few very small things like only propane water heater and when I took it for a short tow it whistled like crazy on the door side??

just to be sure. in their motorhomes forest river gives you a propane/electric water heater but no switch for electric inside. you have to open up water heater outside access panel and flip the electric switch. there is a picture of it some where on this website-ask Herk
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #24

We got our 2102 in June 2011 and love it. We towed with a 2007 expedition till this July when.we got a 2010 f150 and it towedfine with both. We love the king size bed slide and have no concerned with it being fine for many years.to come. We have approx7000 miles towing.it from lake superior to the Florida Keys in May and still love it after four weeks in it this spring. You cannot beat the big bathroom. Lots of little custom additions but I would do that with any new trailer.
pnwbrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car
Like Kamp K; we have the 3008 model and we love the TT. We use the 10K Equalizer WDH with 4pt sway control and it pulls just fine. We did have a small issue with some excess material on the roof that was quickly fixed and never had any leaks. Warranty work--dealer removed a piece of trim, pulled the material tight and glued it down, cut of the excess and but the trim back. We are in our second season with the unit and love it as much as the day we bought it.

We started out pulling with 2009 Silverado with the 5.3 and I felt the truck was a little over matched by the weight. Mine was a 2WD truck. I now use a Ford Ecoboost and it pulls the Windjammer with zero issues.

Let us know what model you are considering.
Do you have the Ford Ecoboost with the max towing package? 2wd or 4wd? We have been looking at the same TT and have the F150 Ford Ecoboost 2wd 3.5L 3.55 real axle ratio (GVWR of 9700 lbs). We live in Texas and travel mostly within 400 miles, but do some mountain traveling also. My husband is concerned about the GVWR of the TT being pretty heavy for mountain travel, when applying the 20% rule (trying to stay 20% below total towing capacity). We currently have , and love, the Flagstaff 26rlss GVWR 6600 pounds, and it pulls nicely, but are looking for a little more room.
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #26

Mine is 4X4 super crew cab with the standard tow package, 3.55 gears with the Ecoboost. I believe the 2WD has the same tow rating as the 4X4 or even slightly higher. We have not had any issues when it comes to towing the trailer. We haven't been in the highest of elevations but we have been through the Arkansas hills, the Black Hills in South Dakota and some elevation in northern Alabama. No issues yet.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #27

Thanks for the good news. We have driven through the Black Hills and Arkansas, so I know the landscape and inclines. One more plus for trading up.
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #28

My 2010 is pre ecoboost. it is a 4x4 supercrew with the 5.4 and hauls my 2102W like a dream.
pnwbrg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags