Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #11

[QUOTE=bikendan;753547]what does your yellow sticker say the weight was when it left the factory?

Dan: Went out to see just what the yellow sticker said and it was 6140 lbs. Surprised since I weighed in at 5880. Looks like I'll need to weigh again. Probably our first trip in the Spring when we're fully loaded.

Does the factory weigh each unit as it leaves or do they weigh a few and slap an average on on the others?

SpaCityBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #12

Just got back from first outing with New 2819VS Windjammer. Unloaded weight is 6,239 with hitch weight of 794. Pulled great with 1/2 ton Chevy, with 5.3 engine and 3.42 rear. Of course most roads in North Texas are pretty flat. That V nose sure cuts the wind. Sure do like this trailer.

MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
Dazed & Confused

Tow a 3008W, which is a little longer and heavier, with a Tundra 5.7 with no problems, other than the Tundra's smallish fuel tank!
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKClark View Post
Just got back from first outing with New 2819VS Windjammer. Unloaded weight is 6,239 with hitch weight of 794. Pulled great with 1/2 ton Chevy, with 5.3 engine and 3.42 rear. Of course most roads in North Texas are pretty flat. That V nose sure cuts the wind. Sure do like this trailer.
We went through that part of Texas this summer just a month after we got the 2618W to Sante Fe and Taos. After we dropped our son off at the Albuquerque airport (he flew in from NYC for a few days) we went to Lubbock to visit my wife's sister. Flat it is.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #15

While not your particular model, we do tow our 3029W with an F-150 ("egoboost," with a 3.55 rear), Equalizer hitch system... it does great. Pulls like a champ. Marched up a few mountains in Maryland passing cars like they were toys on the highway. With all that said, While we are near my comfortable limits, the truck seems to not care one way or the other. It is difficult to tell there is a trailer behind us! The Ecoboost is an amazing engine! And the F-150 is far more than capable to tow the Windjammers (any model). It really depends on the driver, and how comfortable you are with the weight behind you!
Mobilemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #16

We towed our 3008W with a 1/2 ton Silverado on the first trip, which took us through the Smokey Mountains at Asheville, NC. The truck did fine on flat ground, but huffed and puffed a little going up the mountains, and felt like it was being pushed a little coming down the other side. Of course, we tend to load the trailer probably much heavier than we should. We traded that half-ton for the Silverado 2500 that we own today.

The biggest single thing that helped our towing with this trailer, however, was to get rid of the load range C tires that came on it. We replaced them with a set of load range E. What a difference the heavier sidewall makes...the trailer handles completely different now. No more "wallowing" from side to side...a much more stable and comfortable ride.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
Site Team

[QUOTE=SpaCityBulldog;753890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
what does your yellow sticker say the weight was when it left the factory?

Dan: Went out to see just what the yellow sticker said and it was 6140 lbs. Surprised since I weighed in at 5880. Looks like I'll need to weigh again. Probably our first trip in the Spring when we're fully loaded.

Does the factory weigh each unit as it leaves or do they weigh a few and slap an average on on the others?
They're supposed to weigh each one, before it leaves the factory, with the options that were ordered on it.
the only additional weight would be on things added by the dealer, like the battery.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
We towed our 3008W with a 1/2 ton Silverado on the first trip, which took us through the Smokey Mountains at Asheville, NC. The truck did fine on flat ground, but huffed and puffed a little going up the mountains, and felt like it was being pushed a little coming down the other side. Of course, we tend to load the trailer probably much heavier than we should. We traded that half-ton for the Silverado 2500 that we own today.

The biggest single thing that helped our towing with this trailer, however, was to get rid of the load range C tires that came on it. We replaced them with a set of load range E. What a difference the heavier sidewall makes...the trailer handles completely different now. No more "wallowing" from side to side...a much more stable and comfortable ride.
Agree 100%! Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #19
Aggie Family

2618W

This particular F150 configuration (157" wheelbase, maxtow, extendable tow mirrors, 3.73, rear camera) is a bit hard to find on dealer lots and the one that I did find (and buy) did not have the larger fuel tank, but there was no way I was going to pass it up. It also had the exact trim package and interior that I wanted - XLT with leather seats and front fixed console. There is a big jump in price when you go up to the 'Lariat'.
Equalizer 4-pt WDH
2ags81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ags81 View Post
This particular F150 configuration (157" wheelbase, maxtow, extendable tow mirrors, 3.73, rear camera) is a bit hard to find on dealer lots and the one that I did find (and buy) did not have the larger fuel tank, but there was no way I was going to pass it up. It also had the exact trim package and interior that I wanted - XLT with leather seats and front fixed console. There is a big jump in price when you go up to the 'Lariat'.
2ags81: I've been looking for this configuration and I agree it's difficult to find it on a lot. I really would like the larger tank. I may have to order. What size box do you have? I'd also like to have the 6.5' box.