Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 89
[QUOTE=bikendan;753547]what does your yellow sticker say the weight was when it left the factory?

Dan: Went out to see just what the yellow sticker said and it was 6140 lbs. Surprised since I weighed in at 5880. Looks like I'll need to weigh again. Probably our first trip in the Spring when we're fully loaded.

Does the factory weigh each unit as it leaves or do they weigh a few and slap an average on on the others?
__________________

SpaCityBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 190
Just got back from first outing with New 2819VS Windjammer. Unloaded weight is 6,239 with hitch weight of 794. Pulled great with 1/2 ton Chevy, with 5.3 engine and 3.42 rear. Of course most roads in North Texas are pretty flat. That V nose sure cuts the wind. Sure do like this trailer.
__________________

MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
Dazed & Confused
 
M&K Hoffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NW PA
Posts: 353
Tow a 3008W, which is a little longer and heavier, with a Tundra 5.7 with no problems, other than the Tundra's smallish fuel tank!
__________________
~Mike & Kim~
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond Package
2012 Toyota Tundra Doublecab 5.7 4WD
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKClark View Post
Just got back from first outing with New 2819VS Windjammer. Unloaded weight is 6,239 with hitch weight of 794. Pulled great with 1/2 ton Chevy, with 5.3 engine and 3.42 rear. Of course most roads in North Texas are pretty flat. That V nose sure cuts the wind. Sure do like this trailer.
We went through that part of Texas this summer just a month after we got the 2618W to Sante Fe and Taos. After we dropped our son off at the Albuquerque airport (he flew in from NYC for a few days) we went to Lubbock to visit my wife's sister. Flat it is.
SpaCityBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #15
Member
 
Mobilemikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 54
While not your particular model, we do tow our 3029W with an F-150 ("egoboost," with a 3.55 rear), Equalizer hitch system... it does great. Pulls like a champ. Marched up a few mountains in Maryland passing cars like they were toys on the highway. With all that said, While we are near my comfortable limits, the truck seems to not care one way or the other. It is difficult to tell there is a trailer behind us! The Ecoboost is an amazing engine! And the F-150 is far more than capable to tow the Windjammers (any model). It really depends on the driver, and how comfortable you are with the weight behind you!
Mobilemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,852
We towed our 3008W with a 1/2 ton Silverado on the first trip, which took us through the Smokey Mountains at Asheville, NC. The truck did fine on flat ground, but huffed and puffed a little going up the mountains, and felt like it was being pushed a little coming down the other side. Of course, we tend to load the trailer probably much heavier than we should. We traded that half-ton for the Silverado 2500 that we own today.

The biggest single thing that helped our towing with this trailer, however, was to get rid of the load range C tires that came on it. We replaced them with a set of load range E. What a difference the heavier sidewall makes...the trailer handles completely different now. No more "wallowing" from side to side...a much more stable and comfortable ride.
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 14,432
[QUOTE=SpaCityBulldog;753890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
what does your yellow sticker say the weight was when it left the factory?

Dan: Went out to see just what the yellow sticker said and it was 6140 lbs. Surprised since I weighed in at 5880. Looks like I'll need to weigh again. Probably our first trip in the Spring when we're fully loaded.

Does the factory weigh each unit as it leaves or do they weigh a few and slap an average on on the others?
They're supposed to weigh each one, before it leaves the factory, with the options that were ordered on it.
the only additional weight would be on things added by the dealer, like the battery.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
We towed our 3008W with a 1/2 ton Silverado on the first trip, which took us through the Smokey Mountains at Asheville, NC. The truck did fine on flat ground, but huffed and puffed a little going up the mountains, and felt like it was being pushed a little coming down the other side. Of course, we tend to load the trailer probably much heavier than we should. We traded that half-ton for the Silverado 2500 that we own today.

The biggest single thing that helped our towing with this trailer, however, was to get rid of the load range C tires that came on it. We replaced them with a set of load range E. What a difference the heavier sidewall makes...the trailer handles completely different now. No more "wallowing" from side to side...a much more stable and comfortable ride.
Agree 100%! Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #19
Aggie Family
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17
2618W

This particular F150 configuration (157" wheelbase, maxtow, extendable tow mirrors, 3.73, rear camera) is a bit hard to find on dealer lots and the one that I did find (and buy) did not have the larger fuel tank, but there was no way I was going to pass it up. It also had the exact trim package and interior that I wanted - XLT with leather seats and front fixed console. There is a big jump in price when you go up to the 'Lariat'.
__________________
Aggie Family
2015 Rockwood 2618W, 2-A/Cs 50 Amp
2014 F150 Ecoboost, S-CREW 157" WB, 6.5' box, Tow Mirrors, Maxtow, 3.73
Equalizer 4-pt WDH
2ags81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ags81 View Post
This particular F150 configuration (157" wheelbase, maxtow, extendable tow mirrors, 3.73, rear camera) is a bit hard to find on dealer lots and the one that I did find (and buy) did not have the larger fuel tank, but there was no way I was going to pass it up. It also had the exact trim package and interior that I wanted - XLT with leather seats and front fixed console. There is a big jump in price when you go up to the 'Lariat'.
2ags81: I've been looking for this configuration and I agree it's difficult to find it on a lot. I really would like the larger tank. I may have to order. What size box do you have? I'd also like to have the 6.5' box.
__________________

SpaCityBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.