Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemikey View Post
While not your particular model, we do tow our 3029W with an F-150 ("egoboost," with a 3.55 rear), Equalizer hitch system... it does great. Pulls like a champ. Marched up a few mountains in Maryland passing cars like they were toys on the highway. With all that said, While we are near my comfortable limits, the truck seems to not care one way or the other. It is difficult to tell there is a trailer behind us! The Ecoboost is an amazing engine! And the F-150 is far more than capable to tow the Windjammers (any model). It really depends on the driver, and how comfortable you are with the weight behind you!
Mobilemikey: Thanks for the input. I've heard nothing but good things about the Ecobost engine.
SpaCityBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:44 PM   #22

New TV for Windjammer 2618W .....

Pulled the trigger yesterday on a new truck. I appreciate everyone's input on a TV for the Windjammer 2618W. I ended up with:

2014 F150 XLT Super Crew 4x4
Max Tow Package
7,700# GVWR package
Engine: Ecoboost 3.5L V6
Rear end: 3.73
Box: 6.5'
Tank: 36 gallon

I'll pick it up Monday when I return from our trip and I'll say goodbye and good riddance to my 2004 F250 with the 6.0L diesel.

BTW: I finally got my weights right for the camper. It came in at 6,670 lbs loaded with everything but clothes and food
Old 01-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaCityBulldog View Post

BTW: I finally got my weights right for the camper. It came in at 6,670 lbs loaded with everything but clothes and food
That sounds more like it.
do you know why your first number was so off?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #24
MMCM/SS

Kevin
I have a 2015 windjammer 2618W diamond package. I posted some info about the frig problems on this model, the thread was all 2618w owners should read this. Make sure you get the second year warranty from forest river for $200.00
I tow with a 2013 F150 XLT Supercab, with the 5.0 and tow package. I have all the power that I need.
Tooters
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #25

Tooters:

I saw that thread a couple of weeks ago and printed off your information. Next time I'm in to see my dealer I'm going talk to him and the shop crew about this and tell him to go ahead and order the parts needed to fix the fridge problem. I appreciate your input on this.

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooters View Post
Kevin
I have a 2015 windjammer 2618W diamond package. I posted some info about the frig problems on this model, the thread was all 2618w owners should read this. Make sure you get the second year warranty from forest river for $200.00
I tow with a 2013 F150 XLT Supercab, with the 5.0 and tow package. I have all the power that I need.
Tooters
Old 01-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooters View Post
Kevin
Might be a good idea to post a link to that thread here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #27

Good idea on the link ...

Here it is:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...his-69143.html

Thanks goes to Tooters for this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Might be a good idea to post a link to that thread here.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #28

We saw the 2618W at an RV show a week or so ago, and loved it. But we will likely order one in the Flagstaff flavor since the dealer is more convenient to us.

Had a surprise though; apparently the theatre seating is no longer available! It is in both the Rockwood and Flagstaff printed brochures, but if you go to the FR site and download the PDF version, it's been removed. The Flagstaff dealer confirmed this with FR, but could not tell us why. It's probably not a deal breaker, but we were disappointed since we planned to order ours that way.

We are going to the big Atlanta Camping & RV Show on Friday, and if I can find a FR rep, I'll try to find out the reason they no longer offer it.
Old Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #29
Aggie Family

Replace Sofa in 2618W

SpaCityBulldog:

Did you have any trouble removing the sofa? Does the back come off? Just want to be sure I can get it out of the door before I go to the trouble of removing it from the floor of the slide, etc. Wife and I have taken measurements of the sofa and the door opening. Looks like the sofa can be placed on its end, but unless the back of the sofa can be removed, I would have to 'snake' the back of the sofa around one side of the door. Would have to remove the grab handle. I'm hoping you have a better solution.

Thanks - 2Ags81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaCityBulldog View Post
Dan:

The wife and I just went down to a furniture store and bought a couple of recliners when we first got our 5th wheel in 2004. We put the crappy swivel chairs that came with the 5ver in the garage. When it came time to trade we removed our recliners and put the original chairs back in. The recliners we purchased were the narrowest the store offered. No wide arm rests like one would normally see on a living room recliner

We bought the 2618W off the lot, removed the sleeper sofa and put it in the extra room in our house. We then put our recliners back in. No issues with the slide. The dinette converts to a bed which is where our son sleeps when he joins us on a trip or my brother when we take a fishing trip.

If I remember correctly the sticker in the TT says the dry weight is right around 5800 lbs. which is one reason I'm surprised of the weight of the TT when I actually put it on the scales.
Equalizer 4-pt WDH
2ags81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:24 PM   #30

2ags81:

I can't remember if it did or not. My wife says it did. The air bed hangs over the back and is easily removed thus making the sofa considerably lighter.

It will take two to get it out of the camper. I had my next door neighbor help along with a friend of his who was visiting at the time. Both were in their late 30's. They did not have any problem getting it out of the camper. I (64) could have handled it with just my neighbor but I figured as long as I had two young backs nearby I would use them to my advantage. My wife is a small women and she and I probably would not have been able to handle it.

We didn't remove the grab handle. Just push the handle up and move it to the rear position flush with the camper.

Our sofa was not attached to the floor of the slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ags81 View Post
SpaCityBulldog:

Did you have any trouble removing the sofa? Does the back come off? Just want to be sure I can get it out of the door before I go to the trouble of removing it from the floor of the slide, etc. Wife and I have taken measurements of the sofa and the door opening. Looks like the sofa can be placed on its end, but unless the back of the sofa can be removed, I would have to 'snake' the back of the sofa around one side of the door. Would have to remove the grab handle. I'm hoping you have a better solution.

Thanks - 2Ags81