Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #1

Windjammer 3006WK / 3006V

These Windjammers are final contenders (against ultralight 2909WS) on our list.
Wife just loves the bedroom space in the windjammer but I think it doesn't have enough cargo space compared with the 2909WS(which now have the dropped frame so bigger cargo area....
We carry 9 chairs, rug, hammock with hammock stand, beach humbrela, volley ball, basket ball, etc, etc .....
Also I keep the dirty stuff (sewer hose support, sewer connections, black tank flush hose, etc) in a separate place so it will not contaminate the other stuff.
The windjammer have only two outside doors and one of them in under the seats and have carpet in the floor....

If you have a windjammer 3006, where/how do you carry your stuff?

Tks,

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #2

We just bought a 2017 3006WK. I would suggest looking for a 3006WK as they are a bit better appointed than the 3006V. The 3006WK's are equipped the same as Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite and the 3006V's are equipped the same as a Rockwood Ultra Lite. Google 3006V and 3006WK and you'll see some differences in their interiors. The construction and structure is the same.

As far as storage, I have found that the space under the bed and the space under the dinette equals more space than I had in our old trailer pass-through storage. There is also quite a bit of room in the horizontal cabinet next to the outdoor kitchen. I also store a lot of stuff that I had in our old pass-through storage in the outdoor kitchen; stuff like our bbq tools, picnic table covers, plasticware, cups and paper plates, etc.

I also have a locking roll-back bed cover on our truck, and use it to store large items like chairs and our BBQ.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

If it where I i'd opt for the V-lite such as mine and comes with more add on for basically same price as a Windjammer. You learn how to store stuff as when i down graded from a 5er. I do use the back of my truck to store extra items. Thats is what a truck is for. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #4

When we were shopping, the WJ and Flagstaff were the same at the same cost as far as I could tell. Not sure if things changed but we just happened to go with the WJ because that's what was closest to us at a decent price. There were no Flagstaffs in CA back then. Definitely look into both because they are identical TT's except the names.

We have a little more storage then the 2017-2018's because instead of a couch in the bunk room, the older 3006WK's came with a 3rd bunk with storage underneath it. I actually think for us, I would prefer the couch because most of the stuff we have in their barely gets used. And the stuff we use all the time like the BBQ, I could fit under the queen bed easily. I know our 2 kids would like the couch better. We have a lot of stuff in our trailer but there is still room under the queen and under the dinette. Ah, just remembered, we have a Thule box above the truck bed that we store winter stuff in, so that helps too.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:49 AM   #5

Thank you folks.
How sturdy is the floor under the sliding bed to support weight?
The hammock support I have is somewhat heavy.

While I have a 6.5ft bed in my truck, I like to keep as much as possible in the camper so not too much work when we are going out or at arrival back home ...

Again, thank you!

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:32 PM   #6

When we got our Windjammer (3008W-front kitchen), we were very worried about the space for storage compared to our old Newmar trailer, but, after a couple of years of rearranging things, we have about 3 shelves worth of empty space and plenty of room for everything. Some of the stuff we carried for the old trailer wasn't needed for the new one, although we don't have hammocks to store. As for the floor under the bed in ours - a slide out - that is where our storage compartment for heavy stuff is, including all the water toys, the grill, water bottles, torque wrench, hoses, chocks, and the two drawers under the bed which hold a lot of spare parts, meters, tools, etc. So far the slide has worked perfectly (5 years now) and the weight doesn't seem to be an issue - at least for what we have in there. We had to spend 6 months living in it during our house remodeling and made it just fine, which I was not expecting at all. We tried it because renting a house for the same time and storing our furniture just was too costly (over $10,000.) when we could stay in the trailer for free. We have never had a nicer, nor, more efficient trailer. While we got it for the two of us, we often have the children over and sleep 5 well. It is a great trailer.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windjammer