Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Windjammer 3006WK - accommodate a reg queen?

I am picking up my 3006WK tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew if there is room for a regular queen in the bedroom with the slide in? It comes with a short queen, but my hubs is over 6 ft tall, so if a regular queen would fit with the slide in, I think he would much rather sleep without his toesies hanging off the end of the bed. Trying to find out before we pick it up to see if they would switch it out for us. Thanks!
NewJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #2

Short Queen Bed Extender

Newjammer, first congratulations on the 3006WK, nice floor plan. I see extensions that you add to the top of the bed once you set up that make the bed 80" long. They are available lots of places, but here is the one I found at Camping World. Short Queen Bed Extender. I hope you enjoy yours as much as the wife and I have enjoyed ours.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJammer View Post
I am picking up my 3006WK tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew if there is room for a regular queen in the bedroom with the slide in? It comes with a short queen, but my hubs is over 6 ft tall, so if a regular queen would fit with the slide in, I think he would much rather sleep without his toesies hanging off the end of the bed. Trying to find out before we pick it up to see if they would switch it out for us. Thanks!
I don't think it will fit. Pretty sure the mattress almost touches the dresser when the slides in. I can double check tomorrow when I bring ours home.
Phatcat800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Right, not with the slid in. AFTER you put the slide out, then it will fit.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #5

As long as the mattress is no thicker than stock it will fit

As the slide goes in the longer mattress will go under the closet overhang

I just pull the short queen out a few inches and stuff some small pillows in the gap
missing_link is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windjammer, modifications