Old 02-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
Windjammer 3006wk owners - grey/galley tanks

I searched the forum prior to asking, found some answers, but I'm looking for someone with a 3006wk or similar with a galley and grey tank. During the PDI the tech told me the galley tank was for the kitchen sink and the grey was for the bathroom (shower/sink). Every time I try to dump the galley... not much happens... I've read that in some models the galley is for the outdoor sink only but those were other manufacturers... Anyways, any information would be greatly appreciated. If it is true that the galley tank is for the outdoor kitchen... is there a way to relieve the grey into the galley? I have a tote but I'm open to ideas. Info: my trailer has 90 gallon grey/galley capacity (assume its 45/45) and it has two drains (one used for black & grey, the other for galley located on non-door side of trailer in front of the wheels). Thanks in advance. New to this forum, sorry if the question was posted in the wrong section.

2016 Windjammer 3006WK with E4 WDH
2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins
TexMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
On our 3006wk the Galley Tank, ( not sure what it's called, the one up front), is only for the outside kitchen sink, (proved that while camping). I assumed the same, that the gray water tanks are split 45/45 but not 100% sure. I was searching the forum too, to see if anyone did any "internal" plumbing to connect them together and didn't find anything.

2016 Windjammer 3006WK
2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags.
Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch.
Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera
Garmin RV-760 GPS
gectisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
Hello gectisme,

Thanks for the welcome on the other thread, great minds think alike. To add.. from what I can tell on your picture we have the same color truck... true blue pearlcoat! Anyways, I was hoping that wasn't the case... pretty odd in my opinion to have a 45 gallon tank (assuming its 45/45) strapped on to the outdoor kitchen sink. I guess its the tote for now... most of the places we stay are water/electric only. Didn't want to be the guinea pig on the plumbing.
2016 Windjammer 3006WK with E4 WDH
2015 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins
TexMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:13 PM   #4

I'm glad I found this. I just purchased the same trailer and had questions regarding the galley tank. I tried to empty it after adding a lot of water to the kitchen sink, but no water came out.
I think it is incredibly dumb and poorly planned to have 45 gallons of dedicated space for the kitchen and bathroom sink/shower/tub, and 45 gallons dedicated to a 10" plastic sink located outside. Especially since the unit has a selling point of being able to accommodate 10 people. I guess they assume hand washing and dishes will be done outside.

Chef is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, windjammer