Old 07-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
By the way it is a (VERY SIMPLE) job to wire it in to the system?? Youroo!!

Ha Ha Ha

Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
X 2 on going through the mode settings on the radio. On ours, I think it is the AV2 mode that is the interface for the television. Then, you can use the three buttons on the right side (as you face it) of the radio, marked A B and C to turn the television sound on and off in the main salon, the bedroom and/or outside speakers.

Ok, world cup is over, so I'm heading out to the TT for some piece and quiet, and hopefully get me surround sound working.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #13

It's a no go on the TV sound through the Gen 3. Right now the problem is that I can't pick up any tv signals. I need a channel to test. The screen shows static, but there is no sound to it. Even turned up to 100 on the TV. I live up in the hills, and there isn't any cable, or any signals strong enough up here. I have Satellite tv in the house. I'm sure with the help I have received I will be able to get sound when I'm on a cable system or air signal at a CC.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #14

Have you turned on your antenna booster ? It should be located in the cabinet to the left of your TV. You need to push a button to turn it on. Make sure your antenna is up, you should pick up something..When finished remember to turn the booster off, I'm told its a big power drain.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #15

No power booster like my last TT. I've been looking for one, but I guess this model doesn't come with one. As far as reception, it ain't going to happen up here. I had an antenna 40 ft above my house with a power booster and what not, and I just plain can't get a signal. Thats why I have to have a Dish on the house. It's a real bummer.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #16

If the damage to the door is on the face of the door (not the edge) you may be able to cover it with a metal kick plate in a color to match the hardware on your cabinets. You may have to cut it (or have it cut) to fit the door.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #17

I thought all the Windjammers come with antenna booster. Mine is located inside a cabinet just below the TV to the left its way back in the cabinet so you have to look hard, kinda next to the fireplace. But it sounds like you are to far from a signal.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #18

There is a open cabinet to the right of our 3025w where all the tv stuff is, but there is no booster unfortunately. The rest of the electrical must be back there as well, but there's no easy way to check. Looks like you would have to pull the fireplace out. I bet I will get the sound through those speakers once I get a signal.

We like living out here , but it does have it's challenges. Not off the grid but real close. I actually could be off grid, if I wanted to run my genny for power. We use wood heat,have a Monarch wood cookstove, our own well,and septic. Our water can even be heated by our cookstove. 2 woodstoves, only 1 is needed to heat this 2600 sqft log home. It's pretty awesome, except we need a dish to get TV, and I'm kinda ashamed to admit, but since I retired, I really like my Tv shows. Especially the history and discovery channels. Oh well thats my guilty pleasure I reckon.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #19

Sounds like you live in a awesome spot. Lots of people on here would love that location. The rest of us have to go camping to experience what you have everyday. I am surprised you don't have an antenna booster, maybe with the newer models they discontinued them. But it should be in that cabinet where you looked. Mine is attached to the back of the cabinet, so you really have to look for it, my cabinets are dark wood so I need a flashlight to locate it. It does sound like you own your own piece of heaven enjoy it. Chuck in Va
Old 07-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #20

Well it is nice, but the 2.5 acres is killing me. I'm disabled and it's getting real hard to keep it up. It's for sale. We want to sell it, and go full time for up to 2 years. In search of a smaller place with less maintenance. Probably leaving my home state Cali for a happier hunting grounds.

It is a bummer about the power booster. How could they not offer that? It's no where visible anyway. Maybe behind the Gen 3.0.

Tags
windjammer