Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Jammer3025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 228
Ha Ha, yeah it gets complicated at times. I also here you can pair the TV remote with the gen 3's remote, and just have 1 remote to operate both. I might try that soon. We still have a couple of days here yet, so ya never know.

The antenna booster works. When I got here my tv cable wasn't long enough so I had to use the air antenna, and the booster, and it worked great. On the cable now though. I'm still having problems with my water heater though. It seems it always trips the breaker when I try to use the gas and electric at the same time. Although once the water is heated with gas, and I turn the gas side off for awhile and then turn electric only on it will trip also. I'm totally stumped. The electric side works just fine when I'm on the TT waters tank only, and no city water. Are you totally confused yet? I am.
__________________

__________________
2017 Salem 32bhds
2015 Ram 3500 DRW, CTD 4x4, MC,Aisin,4.10's
SIX BURNIN - SIX TURNIN
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer3025 View Post
Ha Ha, yeah it gets complicated at times. I also here you can pair the TV remote with the gen 3's remote, and just have 1 remote to operate both. I might try that soon. We still have a couple of days here yet, so ya never know.

The antenna booster works. When I got here my tv cable wasn't long enough so I had to use the air antenna, and the booster, and it worked great. On the cable now though. I'm still having problems with my water heater though. It seems it always trips the breaker when I try to use the gas and electric at the same time. Although once the water is heated with gas, and I turn the gas side off for awhile and then turn electric only on it will trip also. I'm totally stumped. The electric side works just fine when I'm on the TT waters tank only, and no city water. Are you totally confused yet? I am.
I would think that it ought to be the other way around...that it would be less likely to trip the breaker when you are on "city" water. You are using more amperage when using the on-board fresh water, because you are also running the pump to get the water out of the tank.

Are you tripping just the breaker for the hot water heater, or the main coming off the pedestal? If it is just the electric side of the hwh, you might just have a bad breaker.
__________________

__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #33
MMCM/SS
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 32
I just have one question, how can you hear all those noises that well? I am a retired ENC/SS and I can't even come close to hearing all that stuff.
__________________
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Jammer3025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
I would think that it ought to be the other way around...that it would be less likely to trip the breaker when you are on "city" water. You are using more amperage when using the on-board fresh water, because you are also running the pump to get the water out of the tank.

Are you tripping just the breaker for the hot water heater, or the main coming off the pedestal? If it is just the electric side of the hwh, you might just have a bad breaker.

Just tripping the H/W breaker. Everything else is good. I haven't had time to track it down We just signed the papers to sell our house, and trying to get everything ready to move our stuff in storage, and then we're going full time Rv'ing for approx 2 years. We have 42 days before we have to be out of the house. It's all very exciting, and I'm trying to prepare for trailer life full time.
__________________
2017 Salem 32bhds
2015 Ram 3500 DRW, CTD 4x4, MC,Aisin,4.10's
SIX BURNIN - SIX TURNIN
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Charles Firth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Newport News Va
Posts: 558
I have never used to gas/electric at the same time on my Windjammer, I know there are post that say you can, but when I asked my dealer about it, they discourage it. My heater heats up fairly fast and I haven't the need for both running. Is the breaker tripping the one on the outside on the heater its self ? Is there a temp sensitive breaker to keep the unit from overheating ? Just a thought when you are running on your tank water , the pump must run to fill your heater, are you also running faucet water at the same time? Check you book on the water heater, I believe there is a section on running both. My book is not handy I keep it in my TT which is in storage.
Congrats on selling your home, in this climate a quick sale is a plus.

Chuck "I'm still in Va "
__________________
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Jammer3025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 228
I have read the book back to back. Can't find anything discouraging this practice. I will have to look at that breaker when I get a chance. The gas side hardly uses any propane at all, but I would prefer to be on A/C when camping.

On another note, I can't for the life of me remember where the installed water filter on the Windjammer is. I remember during the pdi he pointed to the general direction, but I can't find it. I have the filter wrench, so I'm pretty sure it has a filter. Any thoughts? Once I get that figured out I'll be good to go.
__________________
2017 Salem 32bhds
2015 Ram 3500 DRW, CTD 4x4, MC,Aisin,4.10's
SIX BURNIN - SIX TURNIN
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Charles Firth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Newport News Va
Posts: 558
My filter is under the sink in the bottom cabinet. There is a false wall to the rear. Mine has 2 screws that attach it to the floor, and the wall is kinda wedged in to keep it in place. The paneling is somewhat flexible so it can be bent slightly. Once this panel is removed you have access to the water filter/fresh water pump and water heater supply hoses, as well as the system cut offs for winterizing. The panel is kinda hard to remove, but once you get the knack and hold your mouth right it comes out just fine. I did not bother putting the long screws back in the floor ( there were 2 ) .
__________________
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #38
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,380
Did you get TV channels yet.
1. Antenna up
2. Rotate antenna to desired direction. (When all else fails, aim at nearest large city)
3. Booster on. (Green light)
4. TV setting on "air" or "over the air" or "antenna)
5. Scan channel by deleting auto scan or program.
When it completes scan for strong signals it should lock on to lowest channel and then you can select from all in-range channels.
There are apps for iPhone and android phones that will locate antenna signals for. Point your antenna accordingly.
If hooked to cable , turn booster off. Set tv to "cable" and rescan.
Hope this helps.
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Jammer3025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
My filter is under the sink in the bottom cabinet. There is a false wall to the rear. Mine has 2 screws that attach it to the floor, and the wall is kinda wedged in to keep it in place. The paneling is somewhat flexible so it can be bent slightly. Once this panel is removed you have access to the water filter/fresh water pump and water heater supply hoses, as well as the system cut offs for winterizing. The panel is kinda hard to remove, but once you get the knack and hold your mouth right it comes out just fine. I did not bother putting the long screws back in the floor ( there were 2 ) .
Ok , thanks. I'll give it a look.
__________________
2017 Salem 32bhds
2015 Ram 3500 DRW, CTD 4x4, MC,Aisin,4.10's
SIX BURNIN - SIX TURNIN
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Jammer3025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Did you get TV channels yet.
1. Antenna up
2. Rotate antenna to desired direction. (When all else fails, aim at nearest large city)
3. Booster on. (Green light)
4. TV setting on "air" or "over the air" or "antenna)
5. Scan channel by deleting auto scan or program.
When it completes scan for strong signals it should lock on to lowest channel and then you can select from all in-range channels.
There are apps for iPhone and android phones that will locate antenna signals for. Point your antenna accordingly.
If hooked to cable , turn booster off. Set tv to "cable" and rescan.
Hope this helps.

Yep, thanks for the info. It's all working now. That's a relief. Now that I got all that squared away, I'm thinking on a satellite system. We will be full timing, and like our TV shows and our sports. Not sure on which one yet.
__________________

__________________
2017 Salem 32bhds
2015 Ram 3500 DRW, CTD 4x4, MC,Aisin,4.10's
SIX BURNIN - SIX TURNIN
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
windjammer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.