Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #31

Ha Ha, yeah it gets complicated at times. I also here you can pair the TV remote with the gen 3's remote, and just have 1 remote to operate both. I might try that soon. We still have a couple of days here yet, so ya never know.

The antenna booster works. When I got here my tv cable wasn't long enough so I had to use the air antenna, and the booster, and it worked great. On the cable now though. I'm still having problems with my water heater though. It seems it always trips the breaker when I try to use the gas and electric at the same time. Although once the water is heated with gas, and I turn the gas side off for awhile and then turn electric only on it will trip also. I'm totally stumped. The electric side works just fine when I'm on the TT waters tank only, and no city water. Are you totally confused yet? I am.

Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer3025 View Post
Ha Ha, yeah it gets complicated at times. I also here you can pair the TV remote with the gen 3's remote, and just have 1 remote to operate both. I might try that soon. We still have a couple of days here yet, so ya never know.

The antenna booster works. When I got here my tv cable wasn't long enough so I had to use the air antenna, and the booster, and it worked great. On the cable now though. I'm still having problems with my water heater though. It seems it always trips the breaker when I try to use the gas and electric at the same time. Although once the water is heated with gas, and I turn the gas side off for awhile and then turn electric only on it will trip also. I'm totally stumped. The electric side works just fine when I'm on the TT waters tank only, and no city water. Are you totally confused yet? I am.
I would think that it ought to be the other way around...that it would be less likely to trip the breaker when you are on "city" water. You are using more amperage when using the on-board fresh water, because you are also running the pump to get the water out of the tank.

Are you tripping just the breaker for the hot water heater, or the main coming off the pedestal? If it is just the electric side of the hwh, you might just have a bad breaker.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #33
MMCM/SS

I just have one question, how can you hear all those noises that well? I am a retired ENC/SS and I can't even come close to hearing all that stuff.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
I would think that it ought to be the other way around...that it would be less likely to trip the breaker when you are on "city" water. You are using more amperage when using the on-board fresh water, because you are also running the pump to get the water out of the tank.

Are you tripping just the breaker for the hot water heater, or the main coming off the pedestal? If it is just the electric side of the hwh, you might just have a bad breaker.

Just tripping the H/W breaker. Everything else is good. I haven't had time to track it down We just signed the papers to sell our house, and trying to get everything ready to move our stuff in storage, and then we're going full time Rv'ing for approx 2 years. We have 42 days before we have to be out of the house. It's all very exciting, and I'm trying to prepare for trailer life full time.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #35

I have never used to gas/electric at the same time on my Windjammer, I know there are post that say you can, but when I asked my dealer about it, they discourage it. My heater heats up fairly fast and I haven't the need for both running. Is the breaker tripping the one on the outside on the heater its self ? Is there a temp sensitive breaker to keep the unit from overheating ? Just a thought when you are running on your tank water , the pump must run to fill your heater, are you also running faucet water at the same time? Check you book on the water heater, I believe there is a section on running both. My book is not handy I keep it in my TT which is in storage.
Congrats on selling your home, in this climate a quick sale is a plus.

Chuck "I'm still in Va "
Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #36

I have read the book back to back. Can't find anything discouraging this practice. I will have to look at that breaker when I get a chance. The gas side hardly uses any propane at all, but I would prefer to be on A/C when camping.

On another note, I can't for the life of me remember where the installed water filter on the Windjammer is. I remember during the pdi he pointed to the general direction, but I can't find it. I have the filter wrench, so I'm pretty sure it has a filter. Any thoughts? Once I get that figured out I'll be good to go.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #37

My filter is under the sink in the bottom cabinet. There is a false wall to the rear. Mine has 2 screws that attach it to the floor, and the wall is kinda wedged in to keep it in place. The paneling is somewhat flexible so it can be bent slightly. Once this panel is removed you have access to the water filter/fresh water pump and water heater supply hoses, as well as the system cut offs for winterizing. The panel is kinda hard to remove, but once you get the knack and hold your mouth right it comes out just fine. I did not bother putting the long screws back in the floor ( there were 2 ) .
Old 07-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #38
Site Team

Did you get TV channels yet.
1. Antenna up
2. Rotate antenna to desired direction. (When all else fails, aim at nearest large city)
3. Booster on. (Green light)
4. TV setting on "air" or "over the air" or "antenna)
5. Scan channel by deleting auto scan or program.
When it completes scan for strong signals it should lock on to lowest channel and then you can select from all in-range channels.
There are apps for iPhone and android phones that will locate antenna signals for. Point your antenna accordingly.
If hooked to cable , turn booster off. Set tv to "cable" and rescan.
Hope this helps.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
My filter is under the sink in the bottom cabinet. There is a false wall to the rear. Mine has 2 screws that attach it to the floor, and the wall is kinda wedged in to keep it in place. The paneling is somewhat flexible so it can be bent slightly. Once this panel is removed you have access to the water filter/fresh water pump and water heater supply hoses, as well as the system cut offs for winterizing. The panel is kinda hard to remove, but once you get the knack and hold your mouth right it comes out just fine. I did not bother putting the long screws back in the floor ( there were 2 ) .
Ok , thanks. I'll give it a look.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Did you get TV channels yet.
1. Antenna up
2. Rotate antenna to desired direction. (When all else fails, aim at nearest large city)
3. Booster on. (Green light)
4. TV setting on "air" or "over the air" or "antenna)
5. Scan channel by deleting auto scan or program.
When it completes scan for strong signals it should lock on to lowest channel and then you can select from all in-range channels.
There are apps for iPhone and android phones that will locate antenna signals for. Point your antenna accordingly.
If hooked to cable , turn booster off. Set tv to "cable" and rescan.
Hope this helps.

Yep, thanks for the info. It's all working now. That's a relief. Now that I got all that squared away, I'm thinking on a satellite system. We will be full timing, and like our TV shows and our sports. Not sure on which one yet.

Tags
windjammer