Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Windjammer: Audio listening with USB?

In our 2102w we have a standard stereo system with various inputs beyond the AM/FM/AUX, etc. I have a thumb drive and dumped some song folders onto it to test out the USB functionality.

Once you plug in the drive it begins to auto-play. However there doesn't appear to be a way to control what is playing beyond FF/RW/STOP, skip and such. It only displays the # that the song is in order with no way to search or shuffle.

Is there a guide somewhere for USB use with these units?

Thanks in advance. We have well over 1k songs I plan to dump on the drive and would like to think I won't be stuck listening to them in a specific order.
__________________

Fogtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Well I found the manual, but it may be that you can only really control what is playing (beyond scrolling through) if you have the TV on. Which does not happen unless you are connected to city electric. We have solar but it does not power stuff like the TV, microwave, etc.
__________________

Fogtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 71
I have been disappointed with radios that play from USB... clunky navigation and laggy load times.

If you have Bluetooth or an audio in port (headphone jack) then look around for a used iPod Touch. Since the older iPod touches are 32 bit, they are not really supported by the App Store but they make pretty great audio players. I use CopyTrans Control to sync music onto my Touch.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
I have been disappointed with radios that play from USB... clunky navigation and laggy load times.

If you have Bluetooth or an audio in port (headphone jack) then look around for a used iPod Touch. Since the older iPod touches are 32 bit, they are not really supported by the App Store but they make pretty great audio players. I use CopyTrans Control to sync music onto my Touch.
That's a good idea. I actually have an old ipod mini. I wonder if rather than the aux input if I could use the ipod USB plug to play through that port.
Fogtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 71
That is something I never considered. I looked at some stuff on the web and it should work if radio is compatible. Please let me know if it works for you 8)

Another option showed up in some articles that I read... there are FM transmitters that plug into a 12v socket and attach to iPod. You could then receive the music on the radio.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
That is something I never considered. I looked at some stuff on the web and it should work if radio is compatible. Please let me know if it works for you 8)

Another option showed up in some articles that I read... there are FM transmitters that plug into a 12v socket and attach to iPod. You could then receive the music on the radio.
In prehistoric days I had a transmitter like that. In theory it was awesome. Practice? Not so much. Cut out a lot.
Fogtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
In prehistoric days I had a transmitter like that. In theory it was awesome. Practice? Not so much. Cut out a lot.


LOL... my daughter uses one of those gadgets that plugs into her iPod and slides into cassette player in her 2000 Subaru Impreza.
__________________

sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
windjammer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.