Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #21

looked at windjammers last night here in Michigan at Hamiltons RV, our salesman Justin preached the windjammers a lot & said a lot of good things about them, so we are considering one now..we also liked Sunset Trails but seems the windjammer is built a little bit better
ArrowoodHotRods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #22

We have had the Flagstaff V-Lite since May and love it as well.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #23

Also if anyone has bought from an online dealer, let me know your thoughts. I've had Quotes from a few, 6000 to 8000 cheaper but are 10 hr drive. so do I drive 2 hrs or 10 hrs. I don't mind driving to save that much. Thanks for any info and owner opions of Windjammers overall and 3006W in general.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking for $800 an hour I can drive 10 hrs and only hope for $800 an hour it was 100 hours away !Jim
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #24
Wanna Be Camper

The V nose units are indeed nice. We have over 12,000 miles on our 2011 V-Lite with only a few minor issues. Just don't fall for the gas mileage increase sales line as we get about the same mileage towing the V-Lite as we got hauling our Edgewater bunkhouse unit and the Edgewater weighed more. They do however tow very nice when you get your hitch setup correctly but they can be real bears if they are not setup right.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #25

We ordered our 3006W in Dec. Should get in Feb. We live in Texas. I ordered it from FunTown RV in Cleburne. I did alot of research of floor plans, construction and cost. Of course, only time will tell if I made the right choice. I fell in love with the floor plan after seeing it at an RV Show in Dallas. Also, the price I paid was right there with what the on line dealers wanted before shipping or me going to get it. I also ordered the Equalizer 12000# hitch. I have some buddies who tow very large car racing trailers with it and say it's the only way to go.
Good luck with your shopping!
T Swafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #26

tkrider, we just ordered a 3006W in Dec. We should take delivery of it in Feb. I felt like the floor plan, construction and cost were the best choice for my wife and I. Our kids are grown, but they do join us sometimes. Only time will tell if we made a good choice. We currently have a 1993 Coleman pop up. We have owned it since 1994. It has been all across the country and still doesn't leak and everything works great in it. We are giving it to our son and his new wife. Hopefully, they will get many years of use from it as well. Good luck on your purchase of a new rv. Keep us posted.
T Swafford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windjammer