Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 AM   #1

Windjammer outdoor shower door

I have a 2016 Windjammer. I cannot unlock the door to the outdoor shower bay. I can get the key in, but it won’t turn. I have tried with both sets of keys.

I have been able to open this door in the past, but not anymore.

Any suggestions?
djurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:26 AM   #2

Spray WD 40 into key hole,if still not able,Force Open with a Screwdriver and Replace,they are Cheap! Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:38 AM   #3

is the key up side down? my out door storage compartment the key goes in both ways but only opens one.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
is the key up side down? my out door storage compartment the key goes in both ways but only opens one.

No. Mine will only go in one way.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #5

Until I adjusted the door locks, I had to exert pressure on the door (inward) to reduce pressure on the lock tab that rotates 90 degrees or so. As I pushed in, I would turn the lock OK. Another QC issue never done at factory, Dealership, PDi, ...
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
Until I adjusted the door locks, I had to exert pressure on the door (inward) to reduce pressure on the lock tab that rotates 90 degrees or so. As I pushed in, I would turn the lock OK. Another QC issue never done at factory, Dealership, PDi, ...
I have tried this. Where on the door did you apply the pressure; middle, near the lock, or elsewhere?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #7

On my Ultra Lite 2706, the key for the outside shower is a CH751, a very common storage door key. If your key is not a CH751, there's your problem. Otherwise, shoot WD-40 in the keyhole, put in the key a bunch of times, then turn while pushing in on the key. If that doesn't work, get a flat head screwdriver, stick it in the keyhole and turn the whole assembly until it opens.

Ken
Old 03-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #8

On my Windjammer, if you have correct key, you will have to insert pressure inward when turning key to open. My front storage on the road side is same way.
Aggie Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #9

Are you sure you are using the correct key? For years I used the key for the storage door to also lock and unlock the shower door. When at my dealer looking for a replacement storage door key, I mentioned that I used it for the shower door and was informed that there is a separate key for that. It is longer with a black plastic cover on the head. I was surprised since I had opened the shower door with the other key without incident for years, but found the correct key and tried it and darned if it didn't work more smoothly.
hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djurden View Post
I have tried this. Where on the door did you apply the pressure; middle, near the lock, or elsewhere?
On the area by the lock. The locking tab was too tight against the coach frame. There is not enough leverage with turning the key to turn the 1" or so tab that rotates with the key if it is misadjusted.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:20 AM   #11
MCTroy

2x on using the small key with a black top for the shower. We had to get our lock adjusted too. Dealer took care of it with s few other small issues while under warranty.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower, windjammer