Old 10-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #1

Windjammer roofs and bubbling

We have a 2016 Windjammer 3008w and it got a complete side wash today. We were not in a place where we could wash the whole trailer with a running hose. I got on the roof to sweep it off and noticed some bubbling and where my feet left imprints from my shoes. It was almost as if there are little air pockets or gel between the layers of the roof. Is this normal or is there a problem with the roof? We are just at our one year warranty this month and have warranty replacements parts on order at the dealer so do we bring to their attention as well? No leaks in roof though. Thanks

Old 10-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

Let the dealer know now about the roof via email with pics so that you have proof of when the problem was discovered and when they were notified. The roof should lay flat.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #3

DK, your roof membrane has come unglued from the wood sub-roof. Just had to have my 2014 roof membrane completely replaced and had exactly the same characteristics. I don't believe the factory puts enough glue under the membrane or they let it dry too much before putting the membrane down; now the air pressure around and above the trailer has pulled it loose. As suggested, immediately take a LOT of good photos showing the membrane wrinkles, all of the edge sealant areas, and around the side trim to show nothing has come loose or been damaged by you. This should go directly to the dealership for replacement while the warranty is still in effect!
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #4

Thanks. Will take photos tomorrow. It's due back in the shop on the 24th
Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 PM   #5

Some photos of how my roof looked prior to replacing it. The first photo is how it looked after I found it and the second is where I tried to stick it back down. Didn't work, as it looked like a balloon under the membrane as we drove home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0970.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	123387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	123388  
Old 10-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #6

Thanks these help a lot. I just spoke to dealer and they said we are still within warranty and will check it out when we drop it off. Going to give Forest River a call as well today.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #7

Repaired roof and found excellent RV service company

We just got our WJ back yesterday and the new roof looks better than new. After 3 months of emails and photos sent back and forth between myself, the repair company, and Good Sam Insurance we finally got the damage approved as wind damage and full roof replacement. I live in the DFW metro area and you would think that Good Sam/National General would have at least one adjuster for this populous area; but no. We wasted at least a month sending photos, further details, more photos, and proving that there was no water damage or loose trim before they would approve the claim. National General was not in any hurry to get my repairs done, as it wasn't their camping trips that were being cancelled. I switched to State Farm yesterday and am saving my sanity and $$$ by doing so. I do want to recommend Texas RV Guys to anyone living in the DFW area and needing repairs on their unit. Joshua Baker and his staff are knowledgeable, friendly, fair, and do excellent work; in business for over 20 years. They work on Class A units, B's, TT, and FW in their shops and I have seen some repair work they did on a Class A that had been in a wreck. Could NOT see the difference in the side of this unit where it had been repaired and where it was original. Paint was perfectly matched, and no ripples in the body to give the repair away.
Click this link for their address and contact information if you are in N. Texas and need a good repair place.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #8

Will do. We have Allstate and they are also excellent as we had a house fire and were wonderful. I will keep the information if we are in DFW area but we reside in Washington DC area and also camp and store our trailer in Gettysburg, PA.

Tags
roo, roof, windjammer