Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
The $26,000 price seems pretty good...we've seen most at quite a bit more, and a few at a little less...depending on options and if it is new....while it may be new, 2015s are being sold now, so the dealer MIGHT come down a bit more....however, you really need to look the unit over and see how it is optioned and how well all its systems function. If it has been sitting on the dealer's lot since fall of 2012, when the 2013s began to hit the dealerships, I wonder if there could be any problems from just sitting in the open and not being used for all that time. I don't know if that is a possibility, maybe some of the more knowledgeable campers would know. Ours is a 2012, and a lot of options have been added as standard since we bought...LED lighting, electric tongue jack etc...and those items would have increased the price of the unit...however, if sitting unused for two years could cause any kind of corrosion or malfunctioning of the systems, that should be taken into account. Plus, it is really important to visually check the fiberglass and gel coating for any damage or spider cracks, check the axle height on the slide side...there should be at least a two inch space between the top of the tire and the wheel well....that is something to keep an eye on over a period of time as the double slides on that side have caused the need to add spacers in certain year models...when new, it is a warranty claim and would cost nothing to repair. Once you are sure the unit is in good shape and are comfortable with the fit and finish, then you can see if there is any wiggle room in the price. (have the dealer open and close slides etc.) The price is a bit less than a newer unit would cost, but is apparently still "brand new", so check around and compare prices for yourself. Also, if you decide on buying it, you probably would want to purchase Forest Rivers second year warranty...a lot of dealers "forget" to offer the second year warranty and some even sell more expensive additional warranties instead, so be informed when you go in....have you checked into the dealership's reputation? Be sure to have that information as well. Good luck!

Gary & Constance; Scamp and Phoebe, Poochons

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
Go on line see what nada says its worth then look up what others are going for on line. Then offer them a price $ 2000 lower than the lowest price you found its fall and they will be willing to negotiate It is a 2 yr old unit they want it off their lot. Bought mine last fall nada said it was worth 18000 but they had already marked it down to push it at 14000 I got them to go for 12000. Where you are in the US also plays into the price warmer states they won't give as easy as up north until later in the fall.

Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
We have the diamond package v lite with the front kitchen. LOVE IT! It's nicer than our house. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is the lack of outside storage. Under bed is all that's left because of the layout. Since we permanent camp most of the time and don't have to store a lot we deal with it. So worth it for all of the inside room...
Good luck and have fun with whichever one you pick!!!
kkhslh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
Pug Dads
We also had a 3008w windjammer, loved the layout. But a heavy camper a lot of sway even with the best wdh , upgraded to a bigger truck and it made a big difference in towing. Since we went for a bigger truck we decide to trade for a 5 th wheel. Would never go back to a travel trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
cheatham09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
Originally Posted by cheatham09 View Post
We also had a 3008w windjammer, loved the layout. But a heavy camper a lot of sway even with the best wdh , upgraded to a bigger truck and it made a big difference in towing. Since we went for a bigger truck we decide to trade for a 5 th wheel. Would never go back to a travel trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Wish a 5th wheel was an option but I'm limited on payload with my f150. After I load the family up I've only got 1000 pounds of payload left. I'm not concerned with going a couple hundred pounds over payload, but not the 6-700 pounds that even the "half ton towables" would put me at
jaydubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
We bought the Windjammer 3008W in April and love it, yes there is limited outside storage and I have been able to make the best of it. it made me realize the stuff I carried but did not use so I downsized and have not looked back. The floor plan works well for us and now my wife tells me we will not have another TT without the electric fireplace. I can honestly say this past weekend the temp dropped into the 40's at night and we only used that and never turned on the furnace. Everyone else around us had them kicking on and it never went below 68 degrees inside.

2012 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.2L FlexFuel
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
fil564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
We have the 2013 V-Lite 30WIKSS and love it. The island kitchen is wonderful. During the 2013 Goshen rally we toured the Flagstaff/Rockwood factory and they were making V-Lites and Windjammers that day on the same production line. I can't agree strongly enough with the advice about dealers. Find one with a good reputation and BBB rating. We've had some issues, but most were self-inflicted as a result of owner ignorance and inexperience. Tony Clark and the service team at Ron Hoover - Houston have been very accommodating and have educated us along the way. We bought a floor model at the RV show and it had quite a few options we would not have considered ordering, but now love. The electric fireplace/heater is a particular favorite. We sometimes run the fireplace in display only mode with the AC full blast. Watching the "flames" is very relaxing and Piper looks so darn cute stretched out in front of it. We also didn't know about the importance of having two AC units and 50 amp service for a large TT in hot SE Texas, but we sure wouldn't give them up.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #18
2013 Forest River V-Lite Diamond-- Ron Hoover

Hello, We purchased out Forest River V-Lite from Ron Hoover in Galveston Tx. We love it and have had no problems with it. We have the Diamond package with just about everything including two air conditioners. I am so glad we got two and you are right you need it in South Texas. Ours are two 13,500s and when it was 104 in San Antonio they were both needed. We loved the front kitchen area. But wish you all the very best on your camping adventures, God Bless...
fordsuperdutyE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #19
2013 Forest River Wfkss Diamond V-Lite

Hi All, could not help myself when I saw this thread, sounds like you all have had good luck with your travel trailers as we have also. In reference to the Axles there was a call back on the dexter axles in 2011 and 2012 from what I was told. I checked mine and they said mine was not one of them. There is not much room between the axles and the top of wheel well, enough to get my hand in and thats it. I looked and mine has not rubbed any. I looked at another V-lite 2012 in the campground here and he had more room clearance than I do. But they say I am ok. I have had no problems in ours so far after a year and a half. I have done a lot of research and asked questions about this camper and did some comparing and this travel trailer stacks up against any of them. I think I may have paid a bit much for mine purchasing it when we did. It was MSRP at 45,000. Thats not what we paid for it. But as far as I am concerned it was worth it. The kitchen upfront and the windows that open up on the front of the V-lite is awesome. I pull mine with a 2008 E-350 extended Ford van with a 5.4 I added a rear Helwig sway bar to the van, K&N cold air intake, Bully dog Gt tuner and heavy duty Bilstien shocks. It took a cpl adjustments but now it pulls it very nice, a bit of sway here and there but very manageable. Dexter just came out with a sway control for the trailer that applies the brakes to either side to control sway. I am checking into this now and they say this will be standard on all trailers soon. God Bless..

fordsuperdutyE350 is offline   Reply With Quote

v-lite, windjammer