Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #1

Windjammer windows leaking

We picked up our new 2012 Windjammer 3008 and we're doing our first night of shakedown. We're staying the first night on the dealership lot to make sure we don't have any problems. Well, it started raining, which has revealed that all of the Kinro brand crank-out windows leak. It's just a dribble at each window and all the water seems to stay in the bottom of the window track with no real threat of leaking into our camper, but I'm thinking it's probably not normal. Then again it is happening with all 4 windows of this type in our camper so I'm really not sure.

Has anyone else with a Windjammer seen this? I'm mentioning it to the service guy tomorrow morning but I'm interested in hearing about others' experiences, since this is our first RV.

Aside from the window issue, everything else seems to be working fine. We're enjoying our first night and looking forward to the rest of our maiden voyage!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #2

We have the same trailer, 2012 Winjammer 3008W and have not noticed any issue with the windows. We have been out on 4 seperate trips so far and on three of them we have had some rain. I have pressure washed the TT as well and have had zero problems; that I am aware of. The trailer sits uncovered at the house and we have had some tremendous rains without incident. I will check the crank windows closely after the next rain to see if anything is going on. Sorry to hear about your trouble? Do you have the atrium windows on your big slide?

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
...Do you have the atrium windows on your big slide?
Thanks for the quick reply - I was hoping this wasn't normal now hoping for an easy fix by the dealer. We do have the atrium slide - 4 windows are slide up\down and seem to be ok. the 5th over the couch is the crank-type and it leaks. The other 3 crank windows are located:
- Back of coach in bedroom
- small window behind stove
- window between doors

btw old car - we're kinda neighbors...we live in KCK west of The Legends in Bonner Sp. small world, huh?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Grumpy Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno76 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply - I was hoping this wasn't normal now hoping for an easy fix by the dealer. We do have the atrium slide - 4 windows are slide up\down and seem to be ok. the 5th over the couch is the crank-type and it leaks. The other 3 crank windows are located:
- Back of coach in bedroom
- small window behind stove
- window between doors
Hiya,

I haven't noticed any leaking on my unit, either. But, I will say that I haven't paid close attention and those windows are never closed. I literally leave them open all the time unless I'm under way. Since rain can't get in them, they make for a nice ventilation solution.

I'll pay closer attention and let you know if I see anything out of sorts.

2012 Windjammer 2008w
2010 Dodge RAM 1500
Reese Dual Cam WDH
ChrisZazzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
I just tow the TT for DW!

Haven't noticed any leaking windows in our either. We just returned from Va Beach, and there were several afternoon/evenings in a row last week where the skies just opened up, and it poured and poured the rain. I mean it rained to the point of almost flooding the campground as there was standing water everywhere. Needless to say with that much rain, I was a little concerned about finding a leak somewhere, but never noticed any, thankfully.

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote