Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #1

Question Winterizing a 2012 Windjammer 3008w

Hey all...just wondering if someone could give me pretty much step by step instructions on how to winterize the trailer. Previous trailers I've always had local campers do (we kind of have a winterizing party and go from trailer to trailer), but since we bought this one brand new I really want to make sure it's done properly! Not that I don't trust them! Anywho....please help??? Thanks a bunch.
cage5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

well i dont have your model but most have low point drains for starters .
then buy the blow out plug apparatus to hook onto your city water connection. take out water filter if you have one dump water out of holder .
drain the hot water heater
add 20 to 30 psi to recently installed apparatus and blow all the lines out . be sure to hold toilet flush down to flush that out . and outside shower if you have one.
buy some rv antifreeze and dump in all the traps .... kitchen sink,bathroom sink, shower or tub ,and some in the toilet to keep the seals moist leave in bowl for winter .

did i miss anything ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

previous post is the common approach .
heres how i do mine cause thats just what i do .

drain hot water heater . turn bypass valve . pull suction line off of water pump .
pull filter out of filter housing dump out water. drain low point lines . buy three gallons of rv antifreeze . install suction tube i made on suction side of water pump .
stick hose in rv anti freeze gallon turn on water pump.
start opening all taps one at a time till pink runs through .
flush toilet till pink runs leave a little in bowl to keep seals fresh . pour some in shower drain.
run outside shower . whatever you have left i again dump in sink drains .
done
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

OK, realize your first post, so you're new. WELCOME.

Now if you had done a search, you would find this has been covered many times on here.
All of the basic stuff can be found by searching.

Here is a link for you to check out:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-9447.html
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #5

I did try to search this site...however I find this site very hard to navigate. Thank you for your responses.
cage5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
well i dont have your model but most have low point drains for starters .
then buy the blow out plug apparatus to hook onto your city water connection. take out water filter if you have one dump water out of holder .
drain the hot water heater
add 20 to 30 psi to recently installed apparatus and blow all the lines out . be sure to hold toilet flush down to flush that out . and outside shower if you have one.
buy some rv antifreeze and dump in all the traps .... kitchen sink,bathroom sink, shower or tub ,and some in the toilet to keep the seals moist leave in bowl for winter .

did i miss anything ?
Yes,the black tank rinser,they need anti-freeze as well. With enclosed bellys you cant see the plumbing route of the hoses and if the spray nozzel is self draining! Force anti thru this system or not ,your call,(Big Mess) if you guess wrong,come spring! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3008w