Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
pdq

your experience - 1809

Hi Everyone:
Just bought a new (2008) Rockwood Mini Lite Travel Trailer - Model 1809. While the process of which trailer to buy is always a challenge, I am now wondering what others' experiences have been with this TT. I know that no trailer is "perfect" but knowing some of the things that I may face is most appreciated!
Thanks everyone.
vancouver, bc
pdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #2

I had a Rockwood 1809 also. The only problem I had was having to crawl over someone to get in bed. It was way too small so I now have a Rockwood 2604 which is great.

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeeter View Post
I had a Rockwood 1809 also. The only problem I had was having to crawl over someone to get in bed. It was way too small so I now have a Rockwood 2604 which is great.
Hi jdeeter. I've been browsing the FRF for a couple of months now, seeking info on the Rockwood 2604 or its Flagstaff counterpart, the 26RLS, when I came upon your post. I've only seen one on-line on the Forest River website, since dealers in my area have reduced their inventories due to the economy, but I think that the floorplan would suit my needs. I was wondering what issues, if any, you have had with it and your overall satisfaction. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
2009 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604S

What she lacks in speed and comfort is
more than made up for in noise and vibration!
C130Av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130Av8r View Post
Hi jdeeter. I've been browsing the FRF for a couple of months now, seeking info on the Rockwood 2604 or its Flagstaff counterpart, the 26RLS, when I came upon your post. I've only seen one on-line on the Forest River website, since dealers in my area have reduced their inventories due to the economy, but I think that the floorplan would suit my needs. I was wondering what issues, if any, you have had with it and your overall satisfaction. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Hi C130AV8R,
I have a 2005 Rockwood 8315SS. I tow it with a 2004 Titan LE CC. The floor plan and the features (especially the 2009) are great. I like the TV at eye level and the large shower. I have also replaced the std chair with a full size leather recliner. I average about 9mpg when towing with the Titan.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #5

Hi C130Av8r

I have flown in several C130s. Noisey but sturdy aircraft.

Regarding my 2604, the only problems I have had were minor. The slide motor was replaced by the dealer. I had a small leak in the sink which the dealer fixed and the water pump was replaced. All were replaced under warrenty. My wife and I are pleased with the layout but we would prefer a little more kitchen workspace, however, since there are only the two of us it is no problem.

Jim & Eileen
Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, 5.3 ltr, prodigy controller.
2009 Rockwood 2604.

Running mates Max & Kate Chihuahua's

Hobie Kayaks on Thule rack on truck

Retired Army EOD
jdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #6

We have a 2007 1809...we love it! There is the issue with the bed...but my husband is usually up before me and I look at it like the space is used very efficiently! We can only pull 5000 lbs. with our vehicle...so this trailer works out great for us! Would be interested in how it worked out for you!
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #7

I have a 2008 1809 and love it, will get a foam mattress topper for it someday. The only thing for us is the placement for the TV its hard to watch up so high, we move it on the stove after its done for the night. Pulls nice, easy to set up, great floor plan for the two of us. I did change tv though, had a jeep cherokee and it was a tail waging the dog, so we got a f150 and does fine now.
jeepsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #8

just got a gently used 2008 - 1809 Mini Lite. i love the size and weight.
crazy that all that room is in a 16' box. the hitch is 3.5', the bumper and spare is 1.5'.
so, total length is 21' exactly.
it's the 90" wide model (vs. 96") w/out the bed night stand.
my tow rig is a Nissan Frontier crew cab short bed. pulls great!
regarding the front bed, i currently have a 2" memory foam topper on top of the standard "spring" mattress.
seems to help, but i plan on getting a new 8" thick queen memory foam mattress to replace the stock one.
my 1809 has the "heated" mattress option that i may never use, but would be willing to forgo that for a better mattress.
also...i just installed a 22" Haier LED flat screen above the fridge. it sits in an articulating mount. i had to create a strong/secure fasten point for the mount.
PM me for pictures/instructions.
avocadoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood