Old 05-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #11
If you have not signed anything yet my suggestion is to not walk away but run away, and do it as quick as you can!

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
Originally Posted by woodya View Post

My girlfriend and I found a good deal on a 2007 surveyor m291. Everything looks good except the floor. There is a 2 foot long soft spot in the floor. I was thinking of fixing it by cutting the floor open and using 1/4 or 1/2 inch pretreated plywood. Any advice? What should I expect? I've not worked on a camper before. I have some handy skills tho. The dealer said cutting the soft spot out would be easier then dropping the tanks and going from below. I looked at the roof, looks good. I'm 250lbs will it support my weight to walk on? Is there some type of sealer I can paint on the roof? I just want to make sure it water tight.
Floors are tricky, if you can drop the bottom and see what the floor joists look like and the distance between. A lot of soft areas happen because they cut a register in and do not frame it. It could be simple but could also be a nightmare. I wouldn't walk until I seen what was under it.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
Spongy floor

Most, not all laminated floors are caused by the bead style styrofoam like styrofoam cups, breaking down and getting soft. Usually breaks down in high traffic area. Mfrs. should use polystyrene , it is much more durable and or put floor joists closer than 48" apart.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #14
Thank you for all the advice. I appreciate everyone's opinion.
woodya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #15
Is the floor soft from water damage? There must be a reason for it.
How soft is it? They don't feel rock hard anyway.

2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote

replacement, surveyor