Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1

07 sv291 winterizing help

Hey guys I am about to get my TT ready for winter. I can not find the hose to pull the antifreeze into the lines/ Can anyone with one of these help me out and point me to where i should look. Or how to do it if there is no suction hose near pump. Thanks
campfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfun View Post
Hey guys I am about to get my TT ready for winter. I can not find the hose to pull the antifreeze into the lines/ Can anyone with one of these help me out and point me to where i should look. Or how to do it if there is no suction hose near pump. Thanks
My trailer came with a clear hose and connector in a kitchen drawer. You have to disconnect the inlet side of the water pump, screw on the adapter hose and you are ready to suck the RV antifreeze out of a jug and through your trailer lines when you turn on the pump. Don't forget your outside shower!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I can't tell you because I don't have one. While you may know what an SV291 is, many of us don't. It is a Flagstaff, Rockwood, Work and Play, Shasta? Sorry, we can't keep up with them all, Please when asking questions, put in more info than you think is needed. It will help all of get you a faster answer. Also, once your trailer is a few years old, it is very difficult to find info with just a model number alone. Please don't take any offense, just trying to get you some help.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You may not have one. Go to any rv dealer they will set you up with a kit to do it for less than 20 bones.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Home stores have rolls of clear vinyl tubing of the correct diameter.

I got a plastic fitting (female NPT -> hose barb) that fits the water pump's inlet. Stick the six foot hose into the gallon jug on the ground outside the camper and suck away.

Remember: (IMPORTANT!)

1) REMOVE YOUR WATER FILTER AND REPLACE THE PLASTIC FILTER HOLDER or you will have a mess.
2) BYPASS your water heater! (drain and clean separately)
3) Remove the water pump fuse next to the water pump
4) Turn on the red switch water pump switch on your micro panel.
5) when you are ready to run the pump put the fuse in the holder.
6) when it shuts off (and it should or you have a leak somewhere) go inside and turn on your faucets one at a time until you see red RV antifreeze; then close them.
7) Flush the toilet until you see red in the bowl
8) Don't forget to flush out the Turbo Flush if you have one
9) Don't forget to flush out the outside shower if you have one
10) You must also add antifreeze to the city water connection or blow it out with compressed air. Failure to do this will fail your city water check valve and could freeze the trapped water in the line from the city water valve to the plumbing T fitting.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #6

I have a 2007 SV291. It has a winterizing kit installed. The winterizing kit is inside the pantry, under the pantry drawers. If you take the drawers out, you should be able to see if you have it. If you don't, you'll have to follow everyone's advice to install one.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #7

Wink Check the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Well, I can't tell you because I don't have one. While you may know what an SV291 is, many of us don't. It is a Flagstaff, Rockwood, Work and Play, Shasta? Sorry, we can't keep up with them all, Please when asking questions, put in more info than you think is needed. It will help all of get you a faster answer. Also, once your trailer is a few years old, it is very difficult to find info with just a model number alone. Please don't take any offense, just trying to get you some help.
It's posted on the Surveyor forum thread, so I would assume that it's a Surveyor.
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

In the faq there is a post on winterizing
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #9

Winterizing

I love the way the manual tells you step by step how to do nothing!
2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S
retiredcgrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #10

Just remove the lower panel under the pantry door. It is much easier than taking the drawers out and standing on your head to reach the Bypass valve.
Living Here in Alabama, I haven't used Antifreeze for the last four years. I just blow the lines out very good(including outdoor shower), leave faucets open, and I'm good to 15 degrees F. I just put some AF in toilet and traps.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #11

Bama is exactly correct. Pulling the drawers will verify if you have the bypass kit, but to use it, it really makes sense to remove the panel.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Home stores have rolls of clear vinyl tubing of the correct diameter.

I got a plastic fitting (female NPT -> hose barb) that fits the water pump's inlet. Stick the six foot hose into the gallon jug on the ground outside the camper and suck away.

Remember: (IMPORTANT!)

1) REMOVE YOUR WATER FILTER AND REPLACE THE PLASTIC FILTER HOLDER or you will have a mess.
2) BYPASS your water heater! (drain and clean separately)
3) Remove the water pump fuse next to the water pump
4) Turn on the red switch water pump switch on your micro panel.
5) when you are ready to run the pump put the fuse in the holder.
6) when it shuts off (and it should or you have a leak somewhere) go inside and turn on your faucets one at a time until you see red RV antifreeze; then close them.
7) Flush the toilet until you see red in the bowl
8) Don't forget to flush out the Turbo Flush if you have one
9) Don't forget to flush out the outside shower if you have one
10) You must also add antifreeze to the city water connection or blow it out with compressed air. Failure to do this will fail your city water check valve and could freeze the trapped water in the line from the city water valve to the plumbing T fitting.
Herk..when you "flush out " the turbo flush.. are you using air or anti freeze ??
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote