Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

1st week of use for our new 2013 sv305

we have spent the last week in our new sv305. dealer delivered it last monday after the terrible storm that left south jersey pretty much without power. dealer was out of commercial power phones and internet for a week. but they did deliver it to the campground and everything was set up by the delivery guy. my wife stayed with the camper as they had power and no damage while i hooked up my generac and stayed home . everything was good to go except for a few items on the "we owe list". dealer is sending some one this week for this. i loved the space and the roominess of the unit. one thing we forgot was the vent covers which we ordered today. overall a nice unit . i finally found a bed in a camper that i could sleep the nite away.since we are using this as a weekender seasonal unit i can't comment on towing it. my days of towing a 28' prowler are way behind me and will not tow this vehicle.overall a nice unit with a lot of xtra touches that enhance the camping experience

gene gleason

Old 08-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #2

Post Congrats! How is he A/C unit cooling?

Congratulations on your RV! The 305 is a beautiul unit

We just took delivery on our 305 and have not even taken it on it maiden tour. But we have already noticed while on our dealer walk through and also while plugged in at the house that the A/C unit is not cooling adequately even after several hours.

How does your unit cool?

Our dealer suggested we add a second unit o the existing 15.

Anyone's thoughts?

There is no way we could go camping in it like it is.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Site Team

litespan46 & Viperxs10
to the FR Forums!

litespan - did the dealer come through and get you everything on the IOU list? Any updates on how your new trailer is working out?

Viperxs10 - RVs can be pretty warm during the hotter months for sure. For those of us that don't have an second AC unit we tend to travel to where its cooler like the beach or mountains which is pretty easy to do here in SoCal.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #4

We haven't even completed the list. They asked us to take it out on a trip prior to bringing it back for anything. I don't think it's missing anything but there are a few small items that we've noticed.

Wish we would have known in advance to put vent covers on it. Would have gone ahead and spent the money on a second A/C unit also. May still do that but want to be sure existing unit is actually working as it should first

Already discovered that the 1/2ton Suburban needs to be upgraded to a 3/4 or maybe a pickup since the dry weight is about 8000lbs.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperxs10 View Post
We haven't even completed the list. They asked us to take it out on a trip prior to bringing it back for anything. I don't think it's missing anything but there are a few small items that we've noticed.

Wish we would have known in advance to put vent covers on it. Would have gone ahead and pent the money on a secondvA/C unit also. May still do that but want to be sure existing unit is actually working as it should first

Already discovered that the 1/2ton Suburban. Needs to be upgraded to a 3/4 or maybe a pickup sine the dry weight is about 8000lbs.
Adding vent covers is a easy fix. Also do you have a Fantastic Fan? It can remove warmer inside air and bring in cooler outside air (provider it's cooler outside).

I don't know much about towing but at a glance I would wonder about the pickup being able to tow it easily or not. It would be best to leave this to the members in the towing forum to guide you with any questions.

BTW - Congrats on your new RV!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #6

since we are at a seasonal site mar-october we will be bringing the trailer for all the found defects on our walk thru and one or two items we have since found. front storage door not locking . our a/c unit does the job all right. even in the high 90's we have has in july. i put on the maxi vent covers myself. 1/2 hour and i was done hardest part was hauling my creaky old bod up the ladder. but the dealer wanted way too much for them to do it. got em both at camper world for 48 bucks. power awning is a concern. do not leave it extended while u are gone for any reason. if they sustain rain or wind damage u r on your own because no on will honor wind or rain damage. should have gotten a manual awning but thats what came on it. in between the slide outs my wife put a curtain rod and shower curtain, placed a mat and we have an outside shower instead of using the inside one . sorta of cramped for me. i love the bunkhouse and the big lounge area ,don't feel like your tripping over each other.outside kitchen gets a lot of use , so all in all a nice package. i ever intend to tow it but it sure looks like a load to tow.btw one of the problems we found is the carpet under the blow up beds tend to bunch up creating a problem trying to open or close that area.

gene
Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #7

after 2 full months we have found no problems other what the dealer already knows about. since this is a seasonal unit we will be dropping it off at the dealers in october, have items fixed then bring it home. we have the 15,000 btu a/c and with 5 people in it we have had no problems cooling the trailer. and this was the hottest summer in a long time. two things we r going to look at changing, 1. the queen mattress in the front bedroom is way to hard for me to sleep on. i feel like i'm sleeping on the back decks of m-60a1 tanks again. we bought a 3 inch matress pad/ cover to soften the mattress . 2. the support underneath the blow-up beds are woefully inadequate to say the least. after we get it home i will rig up some kind of additional wooden supports for both of them. we really like the outside kitchen. between the small stove and our grill we never used the inside stove and probabley never will. so far so good. will keep you guys posted as time go by.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #8

We just returned from our first trip with our RV. Went to see "The Promise" and Camped with some friends in Glenrose, TX. Temp was 106. We were very glad we added the second ac unit in rear. Without the 13.5 unit in the rear to assist the 15 unit that it came with it old not cool down in he heat of he day. With both units on we had no problem except when the kiddos had a revolving door going for awhile. Also added the vent overs before the trip. Think we will still add the fantastic fan when we get a chance.

Discovered only minor issues that we may fix ourself instead of going back to he dealer. One thing we can't figure out though... One of the indicator lights in he fuse panel stays on even when we replaced the fuse. Everything works that is on the fuse circuit but the light stays on.

We have not tried out the air mattress beds but will on the next trips. So far we are very happy with the RV.

We traded our 1/2 ton Suburban that had a max tow rating of 8100lbs in on a 2012 Ford F250 4x4 diesel. What a difference it made. The suburban struggled tow the rig 25 miles from dealer and back a few times. The F250 diesel pulled the 8000lb trailer with all our stuff, about 10,000lbs without seeming to know it behind us for several hundred miles. Easily cruised at 65mph and had plenty left to pass and climb if or when needed. Before we post the mpg we'll get a few more miles on it and then report back.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #9

after season report of new sv305. the areas under both inflatable mattress locations need to be reinforced with plywood, especilly th on in the living room area. there are a couple of straps that run long wise, they are wrapped around and staped to a 1x2 which is stapled to another 1x2. the weight of people sleeping /sitting over this area has pulled the one 1x2 away from the other one. so it can't be used until it is reinforced with plywood. very cheap design and owing to its design it is bound to fail. other than this flaw everything else worked as adverised. i need to find location of onboard water filter before i winterize next weekend. i haven't taken the panels off for water heater and 12 v pump to see if the filter is located there. but it does say in the owners manual remove first and then winterize then replace with new filter. anyone find the water filter on the sv305 please let me know.

thanks gene gleason
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #10

filter is behind acess panel in bathroom. under sink

Tags

« Hello | Jack ? »