Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #1

2006 Surveyor 255RS

I just put a deposit down on a 255rs. I pick it up on the 16th of April. I was trying to find more info about this model, and mods people have done to it, put I'm having trouble finding stuff. Is this just a rare model or is there just not alot of info around about surveyor trailers? We're pretty excited to get started camping. This is our first camper, so any advice anyone can offer would be great.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #2

Can't help with your questions but would like to welcome you to the forums and congrats on the new camper!! I'm sure there is someone here who will be able to help you.

Enjoy!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant

it appears that that floorplan was made for a 5 year stretch, so there should be some other owners out there.

not a lot of Surveyor owners compared to other FR brands, like Rockwood.
has to do with the number of dealers.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscastle View Post
I just put a deposit down on a 255rs. I pick it up on the 16th of April. I was trying to find more info about this model, and mods people have done to it, put I'm having trouble finding stuff. Is this just a rare model or is there just not alot of info around about surveyor trailers? We're pretty excited to get started camping. This is our first camper, so any advice anyone can offer would be great.
Your trailer is almost the same as mine... except that it is a few feet longer, adding 4 bunks to the front (instead of two and a side door). The rear is almost identical, I have the RKS though. It is a king bed instead of the queen in the rear (as yours' is?). Is your trailer a surveyor or grand surveyor? They changed names/styles and features around 2006 or 2007...

I suggest a camping trip that is close to home, first off. This way when you've forgotten something ( like your kids! ), it is a quick trip back to get them! Don't think that will happen, my kids would NEVER forgive me if I got rid of our trailer!

happy camping, you'll learn something new every time out. Make sure that you have a proper hitch with sway control, towing mirrors and remember... it's not a race!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #5

The camper is a Surveyor, not a Grand Surveyor, although I'm not sure I would know the difference. My kids were going nuts when we went to look at the trailer. It definitely makes it harder to negotiate. We're planning on a short trip about 20 miles away for our first non driveway trip. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #6

Congratulations on your Surveyor ! I know the feeling, when we were looking for a tent trailer years back, my kids (they were young then) would go bananas when we were looking at the models we liked and talked abut at home. But We can't deny them that pleasure right ?

We like pictures here, just a polite reminder when you take delivery of your trailer
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #7

Old 03-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #8

Here's another one.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #9

Hi, I bought Surveyor sv260, a cousin to your's. We towed it home in late January, about a 7 hour drive, some of it on icy roads and strong winds, it towed very nice behind my truck.

It'll be a couple of months until camping season for me. I've been in the sv260 to organize it, so far I really like it.

Good luck on yours! Ken
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #10

Awesome ! And four bunk beds to boot ! Thanks for the pictures.

You are planning to go over all the caulking and redo them if they are not done recently right ?

Tags