Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #1

2007 Surveyor 264/Rear kitchen issues

Hi, I am a new member who just a few weeks ago purchased a 2007 264. We have had it out twice now, and while we very much like the trailer, each time we arrive at our destination we find all the dishes in the rear kitchen lying on their side. A few of the kitchen doors have actually come open. We tow with a 2006 Toyota Tundra and use a Reese weight distribution system and an anti sway bar.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and did you find a solution. Thanks.
Ron Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #2

on all of our cabinet doors we use 1" velro straps cut to lenght to run from one dooor to the one next to it to stop the doors from flying open, the ones that are far apart like on the ends i added baby safety latches so if th edoor opens it will not open but about an 1"
my wife uses the shelf foamy stuff that wont let plates slide and puts a smal piece between each dish and then packs the normal OUT ON THE COUNTER stuff in and around the free space s everything is sort of secured from taxing around the cabinets.
we aslo use the spring loaded curtian rods in strategic places to stop un wanted movement.
beleive me i have applied the brakes pretty agressivley and driven on I-20 in jackson mississippi so far all is well
takes her about an hour to compley pack up the cabinets.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Sounds like doors opening is not unique to rear kitchen models.
Ron Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Since your kitchen is at the back of the trailer, I'd guess that you get more bounce back there versus a trailer with the cabinets over the wheels. Did you ever ride a school bus when you were a kid? Sitting in the back seats was great fun because of the extra bounce effect back there. The cabinet door latch suggestions are good but it won't stop your dishes from bouncing inside the cabinets. What about a stretchable net that you can pull up and over your dishes when in travel mode? You see nets like this in some car trunks.
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor